Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Homecoming

I love homecoming weekend!  It's really one of my favorite weekends of the whole year.  Basically we sit at listen to bluegrass for a really long time which isn't my favorite, but we have some really cool people come down and listen to it with us which is really really fun.  And that was a really long sentence.  Anyway, the weekend started out with me making banana bars for Saturday night.  My mom had told me just how to make them and the frosting.  The bars turned out beautifully but I was having some serious issues with the frosting.  Something was way way wrong.  I decided to start over but was out of butter.  So I said "Okay, I'll go over to the preschool, grab a stick of butter, come back and call my mom to see what I did wrong."  I grabbed my keys and when we walked out the door there was this car coming in that I didn't recognize.  So we stood there with dumbfounded looks on our faces until it pulled up to our house.  The door opened and out hopped my mom!  I was completely shocked!  I had not a clue that she was coming.  It was a great suprise!  She came down last minute with three other people from Roanoke.  Ususally dad comes too but because of harvest and loading out hogs early Monday morning he just couldn't.

We had a group of friends coming that weren't supposed to get in until at least midnight so we stayed up waiting for them.  They got in around 1, then I talked to Katrina until almost 4!  Liiiiiitle bit tired on Saturday!  Saturday the guys that came went to the Jack Daniels distillery for a tour and us girls headed to Quizno's for lunch.

After lunch we were on our way to Mark & Bekah's to hang out with her and her sisters when we realized it was Halloween and the only appropriate thing to do was to go trick or treating!  So in the 10 minutes we had between lunch and their house we all found some sort of costume.  I was a walrus and LeaAnn was Mother Mary...... or a Muslim.  Take your pick.  I didn't get a picture of everybody's costume though.

After playing Scattegories, Speed Scrabble and some old school Nintendo, we went to the Tennessee Fellowship Center where our bluegrass fun began!

One of the groups that was supposed to come had to cancel because their lead singer was in the ER.  So we threw a few of our own groups together.  It was really fun and turned out to be my favorite homecoming since I've been here.

I also had a chance for some quality bonding time with Katrina, Leah and Emily.



Sunday of course was church.  116 people were there:)  Went to Sweet Peppers Deli ( my new favorite resturaunt) for lunch where we attempted to play Scrabble with our lunch letters.  (They give you a letter instead of a number)




A great weekend indeed.  And I really can't think of much else to say.

16 comments:

Angie said...

How fun of a weekend! I am excited that your mom came down. We called to go trick or treating to make sure they were home...and your dad said she wasn't and i was like where is she and he said in alabama and i was so happy for you!
top that long sentence!!!
The first picture of you and your mom cassie is in the background and she looks like a creepy clown.
I LOVE you halloween costume! Check out Abel's on my FB page. Actually I will post it on my blog, too. Must go...of to see the Wizard...for real! Wizard of Oz is in Peoria and erin won free tickets and is taking me. First time away from abel like this! WOOO HOOOO...I cannot tell you how excited i am! :) i love you...

Anonymous said...

Sarah - where DO you get your ideas for costumes??? Cute though:).

So glad we came too. It was so fun to surprise you. Missed your dad, but enjoyed my time with my friends.

Angie --- I would have so loved seeing Abel trick or treat!! Sorry to miss it. Will look at FB for his outfit though.

OK - Jamie and Haley just stopped. Gotta go for now.

We love you. God bless you!!!!!
Mom

Mandy said...

Sarah, I love your shirt! And I miss you like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way Sarah - you were very sweet not to tell everyone that it was MY fault about your icing and I didn't tell you all the ingredients. :)Sorry.

Love you and God bless you some more!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I continue tp enjoy your
blog.How cool that your mom
surprised you

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I just read the comments
on an earlier blog and you haven't
figured out who anonymous is
One of these times I will give you
a hint.1st hint - I am from Roanoke

Cassie said...

you are ridIIIIIIIIIIIIIIculous! This is me posting a ridiculous comment to counter your ridiculous comment, so ha!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I had so much fun bonding with you:) Thanks again for taking such good care of us down there. Can't wait to see you again soon!!

Love,
Emily

LeaAnn said...

Well...I figured it out but I had to set up a stinkin google account...oh the things I will do to strengthn my friendships. So now what do I get for doing this? And now to sum it up I have to be nice. I had a great wonderful spectacular weekend!!! I really did and can't wait til next time!!

Love Ya
LeaAnn

LeaAnn said...

ok..so the time on this site is way off...I so wrote that commment at 11:42 not 9:42..you should look into that.

Erin said...

You Never Know!!! Roanoke or not maybe they are new to town and moved there just because they heard it was your home town and wanted to learn as much about you as possible... okay but now that sounds kinda stalkerish... I still think its a fun game and am praying:) Love and Blessings

Erin said...

Now it's my turn to come down. My mom doesn't like the idea of me coming there alone. I told her that you do it all the time. I hope I don't get crazy busy. Though we are supposed to move in to the scoop that week. I want to do it though. Really, I do. :)

JK said...

Aww. That's so sweet that your mom surprised you. I love moms...they're the best!

Anonymous said...

hint #2 you say it sounded like
your mom -well I am a mom- but
much older

sarah said...

Babs? Is that you?

Anonymous said...

you got that right