Saturday, November 21, 2009

If Gymnastics Falls Through, There's Always Ice Skating.....

Last January my mom's side of the family was all out in Kansas City for my cousins wedding.  The hotel we stayed at had an outdoor ice rink across the road and so a few of us went one night.  It was freeeeeeeezing but fun and made me really want to go ice skating again.  Finally, tonight, that's what I did.  We (me and Cassie) took Amber, Jessica, Roslyn and Anna skating.  None of them had ever been before and I was impressed by how well they did.  We had a lot of fun!


And, by the way, Roslyn (tall girl with curly ponytail), Jessica (brown Gateway Woods shirt) and Anna (purple sweatshirt) all gave their hearts to the Lord and started repenting last weekend!  It was quite an exciting day for our little church down here in Athens!  It's been really neat and encouraging to see their desire to grow and know more about the Bible and the Christian walk of life.

Anyways.... someone said they thought they saw Michelle Kwan at the skating rink but I had tell them that no, it was only me.  But I can see how they would think that.  The similarities in our form, body shape and everything else are really striking, wouldn't you agree???  Which is where the title of the post comes in.  I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but in case you haven't heard, I plan to be an Olympic gymnast someday.  But since I obviously excel in figure skating, I guess I could always fall back on that if I need to:)



After skating our little tushies off (yes, I said tushies) we headed to CiCi's Pizza for a delicious meal of....... you guessed it- pizza!  It was quite tasty:)




Good times, good food, good talks, good friends...... I'm tired so good night!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Sarah....I love you! One thing though, I don't know if the figure skaters would go and eat pizza after they skated! Just a thought. ;) I am getting excited to see you in a few days! Do we know if/when the Queenwood CILA girls are getting together?

Erin said...

Umm....the pose would have been so much more convincing if you wouldn't be hanging on the the side of the rink. So no Amber yet in the whole repenting thing? Are these girls her age?

sarah said...

They're all a couple years older. I have full confidence that she will do it when she's ready but right now she's still pretty innocent. She's a sweetie:)

Angie said...

I wish I could've seen Michelle Kwan skating...Maybe we can go sometime and I will watch you, since I don't like to ice skate. And I will cheer. I am hungry and I need some food. The end.

Katrina said...

I love it! You are so funny. Good talking to you tonight! Hope we can chat and catch up this weekend!

Erin said...

The similarites are STRIKING! I SO thought that was Michelle Kwan there until I read the caption and you explained that it was indeed you... Amazing. I didn't get home till midnight last night from mobay and have a 0 energy level today while I wait for the sea container to come in to unload so I am being lazy this morning staying home to edit pictures:) Have a super day. Love and Blessings