Monday, February 23, 2009

Whew! What a Day

It wasn't really a bad day, per se, but just a lot of little annoying things happened. And somehow I came through it still in a good mood. Lets see, for starters, just the fact that it was Monday was a little annoying. I hate Mondays. But who doesn't? Class time went pretty good. We're on the letter W this week and we made a "worm house". I bought some live earthworms from
Wal-Mart, cut the top off a 2-liter bottle, filled it with dirt and we put the worms in. Covered them up and put them in a dark place and on Friday we'll open it back up and see all the tunnels they've dug or chewed through or whatever it is that worms do. I'm a little worried that the dirt is too dry. I used some leftover potting soil I found in the supply closet that I think is a couple years old. So I hope it turns out. I did it last year with my kids and it was pretty cool. Anyways, back to my annoying day. One of my duties is to get all the groceries for the school and I always do that on Monday mornings. I had got a bag of chips that must have got caught on something else in my cart because my chips spilled all over while I was in the checkout line. So I ran back and got a new one. Of course, they were in almost the very back aisle of the store. Then, the checker guy I had was just not a good bag boy. He put my hamburger meat which was dripping juice everywhere in a bag with other food. And he put my bag of apples in the same bag as my grapes. With the apples on top so the grapes got all squished. But I made it back to work and all was well. The afternoon was pretty chaotic. The kids were a little psycho crazy. Then finally things settled down and I was down to one last kid. My little D. And it was 5:30 (closing time) and his dad still wasn't there. Sometimes I understand that parents run late. It just happens. But at 6:00 he was still there which is a little ridiculous. So I called his dad and asked if everything was okay and he was like "What?!? My neice hasn't came and got him yet?" Uh....... no. So he called someone else quick to come get D and finally at 6:10 he left. Normally if someone is 40 minutes late in picking up a kid I would be so cranky. But somehow I wasn't. So anyways, there you have it. My annoying day. Nothing too exciting but that's all I got today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was home sick yesterday with ickyness. I'd tell you all the gross details but I'll spare the rest of those who read the comments.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I know all the gross details. Be glad you were spared. :)
I hope today goes better than yesterday...and that you are still in a good mood! :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I love you.

The end.

Erin said...

I woke up sick Monday too and have been spending my week thus far sleeping 14-18 hours a day (no joke) hopefully all this crud is gone by this week so I am ready to go when you come! See you soon. I love you