Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Killin Time

I hate it when it's been awhile since I've posted but I don't feel like I have much to talk about. Kinda like now. But since it's been about five days I'll just go at it and see what happpens.
I killed Mr. Fishie today. We moved him and he just wasn't doing so hot. I think he was permanately in the curled over position. Because he would try and swim, but he would stay bent over. And we noticed he was losing scales, and he was just a sad sad sight. One of the kids grandma's thought for sure he had some kind of fungus and highly suggested we just get rid of him. She was probably right. I didn't want to flush him because he was pretty decent sized, and we have issues with our toilets and I didn't want to chance clogging and overflowing them. So I dipped him out of the tank and put him in a plastic Wal-Mart sack. Tied a knot in it and took him outside. Then came the cruel, morbid part where I banged him on the side of the dumpster a few times to make sure he was dead. Then threw him away with no hesitation. Terrible, huh? Now I'm in the middle of cleaning out the tank. It's pretty disgusting. I'm sure that was part of the problem.
Only a few more minutes till church. I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to go. But as usual, I'll be glad I'm there. While I procrastinate I'm eating homemade chex mix. Mmm..... it's so good. It's my pre supper. After church I'll come home and eat salad. But I really wanted chex mix.
Okay I'm going to go get ready now. Maybe my next post will be a little more exciting.

5 comments:

megs said...

there is not a whole lot better than homemade chex mix! :)

ps- i don't think you're morbid. you're doing better than i, i wouldn't have banged, i'd have just tossed.... :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

Dear Mr. Fishie: RIP

Anonymous said...

Well...I hope you're not the one to make the decision whether or not to pull the plug on me when I'm laying in the hospital...you'll just beat my head in.
Poor Mr. Fishie...

I like your posts even when you don't have anything to say :)

Erin said...

Thats Hilarious I can totally see you doing that and it makes me laugh. Heeheehee. Pray for me on Sat. I am doing my first solo drive to MoBay EEEK!

Anonymous said...

That's sick, Sarah. Gross...