Thursday, February 05, 2009

A New Look

It seems like everyone seems to have a cutsey little blog but me and so I finally decided to change things up a bit. I don't know if this is what I'll keep or if I'll change it every so often, but this is what it is for now. Kay?
Here's a little story for ya. Tuesday was not my favorite day. I was pretty sick with a cold and sinus junk. I could still function somewhat so I felt guilty taking off work so I just went. I wish I woulda stayed home. I haven't been sick in a long time though so maybe I just forgot what it was like. But anyways, in the afternoon, about 5:00, I just couldn't wait to go home. I was feeling terrible and the minutes were ticking by at an incredibly slow pace. Little D was standing next to me and I bent over for something right at the exact moment he decided to jump in the air. His head collided with my nose. And boy did it hurt. I'm usually pretty tough about physical pain. I don't like it, but if I get hurt I don't usually cry unless it's really bad. But I just couldn't help it. And once I let the first few tears come I cried and cried and cried. I couldn't stop. And while I was crying Landon informed me "Miss Sarah, grown ups don't whine." It really took everything I had to not go ballistic on the kids and start yelling very mean things at them. But eventually I got myself composed and the day finally ended. Of course, not before one of the parents walked in to see me crying.


Okay this is completely random. This little guy is Devin who I used to talk about all the time. He's in kindergarten now but I still miss him like crazy.


This picture was actually taken about a year and a half ago so it's a little outdated but I love this one of him. He has since then grown like a weed and gotten a haircut so he looks like a little boy now. But I love him to pieces. I always struggled with him because he could be so so disrespectful towards me. More than the other teachers. But at the same time I couldn't help it- I love the kid more than life. I had never had that kind of a connection with or love for any of the kids I've had in the years I've taught preschool. I haven't seen him since he went to big school and there's times I just ache for him. I have some connections who see him once in awhile and keep me updated on him. He's still a brat, he's a familiar face at the principal's office, the school has even had to call his daddy in a few times.... but I still love him like crazy. One of these days I'll get to see him again.

I just heard a car door slam. It's time for me to go have supper with some friends. Have a great night!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Thats how i feel about my kids. I usually want to beat them because they can be so rude and disrespectful but right after I beat them I just want to cuddle and love on em, because I they have me wrapped around their fingers, and one smile and I'm done. 4 weeks from Sat.! WHOOHOO!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I like your new look. :) Dad is gone. I sure do miss him. Pray for him, please - I know you do.

I love you. God bless you.

Mom

PS - If it makes you feel any better, I puked at work the other night.

Brent said...

Double PS - I really am sorry you felt so horrible. I am glad you're feeling better. And I really do LOVE you and miss you. Steeves called tonite. He says "hi". God bless you.

Mom

Mandy said...

I'm soory you had such a bad day on Tuesday. I hope you are feeling better. I miss you alot! Hope your weekend is fabulous!!! I Love You!

taryn said...

Love the new look! Very cute. Good kid stories. I know what you mean, too... it's hard when kids act up and push your buttons but ultimately, you can't not love them. They are special little people.

T