Monday, December 08, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

We went up to IL this weekend for Mark Klaus and Bekah Wenger's wedding. I think there was maybe 17 Athens people that made the trip- very commendable to them! Anyways, most of the group left Friday afternoon about 1:30. Me, Jena, Jessica Edelman and Trent Stiedinger (lives in Birmingham) left about 5:30. We had to go to Fairbury first to drop off Jessica and Trent, then headed for Morton. By that time I was getting pretty tired cause I drove the whole way and it was 2:20 am and the snow was drifting across the road and I was just ready to be there. But I got pulled over in El Paso. And he may have been the nicest cop I've ever met. I said "I'm sorry, I've been on the road since 5:30 and still have almost an hour to go. He was super nice, didn't give me a ticket, and we were back on our way to Morton. Got in about 3:00. By the time we were settled in and everything, it was probably about quarter till four until I fell asleep. Beks was the first one to wake me up at about 9. I told her I'd call her back when I was awake. About the time I fell back asleep, Julia called me to tell me she was engaged and in the driveway with Shane. So I said forget it, and got up. Had some quality time at Queenwood before I headed to Roanoke. Spent the afternoon with my family- we have become boring. Nobody really talked, we just all sat there and watched Haley play on her blanket. The wedding was good, but I wish I would have had more time to talk to people. We were first in line then ate and booked out. We made it back to Athens about 11:45. And we stopped and took our Christmas picture on the way. And I think it's fun. They might be a little blurry, but they're fun. Hopefully I'll be getting those out shortly. Does anybody have a guess if I say we took them in Metropolis? Anyways, I'm very tired today. And I realized this weekend I've become a real weenie in the cold weather. Oh, my breaks over. Bye

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a guess, but I will wait and be surprised. You failed to mention that you stopped and saw me. Depression.

Erin said...

O honey... you think you have become a weinie. I am giving myself a prep week in mobay before I fly back to the frozen tundra of the states. My goal is to soak up as much sunshine as possible before friday so i don't become an ice cube while back in IL. Eeek not looking forward to the cold.

Anonymous said...

I know I know I know....

Mandy said...

Julia is engaged? To Who? Shane Who? I'm always the last to know thing! :)