Monday, December 01, 2008

Mexico

Okay, now would be a really good time for me to have my own computer so I could put pictures on it and stuff like that. But I don't. So, my blog continues to be just words. But, I like words too. Um...... Mexico was really good. I'll try to just talk about a few highlights rather than write a book. Friday I flew to Tuscon, met up with Kristi and we stayed at a hotel. The bus picked us up Saturday morning and by the time we got to CVE it was probably about 4:00 in the afternoon. Saturday and Sunday were pretty relaxing, just being there, hanging out, talking to people. Monday and Tuesday were boring, work wise. Did some painting and a few odds and ends jobs but not much. Wednesday was a favorite day. Me, Kristi and Erin got to spend the whole day in the kitchen helping prepare the food for the Thanksgiving dinner. It was a lot of fun. I have never stuffed a turkey before, but now I haved and I loved it. The best part was taking the inards out of it. Thursday was some more odds and ends jobs, and Thursday night we got to eat all the stuff we made, and then some. And it was good. Mmmmmmm....... Friday some of us went hiking. Now, I've only been down there once before, about four years ago. We went hiking then too, and I didn't think it was too bad. So I wanted to go again. My mistake- different mountain- a lot harder than I anticipated. I'm still feeling it. But, of course, getting to the top was worth the hard work. And the trip back down was a blast. We left Friday about 3:00. It was hard to leave, but I also wanted to be able to talk to my family, so it was okay. Stayed in another hotel with Kristi and flew out Saturday morning. Probly the best part was just being able to spend a week with my cousins. Although I did get to meet some great people. And even though I've always thought CVE was a great thing, now I feel like I have a whole lot better understanding of their vision you could say. After seeing the kids and going into town and seeing the people, I get it a lot more. The worst part about coming home? I had a voicemail reminding me of a dentist appointment that I had today (Monday). But, thankfully, no cavities for now. As opposed to last time when I had six. So, it's back to the grindstone. I need to go back over to the preschool now and try to catch up all the work I didn't do last week. So, until next time, I love you all,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part was spending a whole week with my cousins. :) And of course being in the kitchen all wednesday. Those sugar cookies were amazing! Actually I think my very favoritest part was the block of wood...:)

Love ya and miss you already...

Erin said...

remember when we climbed that mountain in AZ and you fell and busted up your ankle...good times had by all.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Hi Sarah!

Thanks for commenting.

You didn't mention you had a blog! Although, when I clicked onto it, I have been here before (haha)! Nice to be able to put a face with the blog. Great meeting you and I hope you are having a good adjustment week. I have TONS of laundry:)

God Bless!
Sarah

Mandy said...

Sarah! I miss you! When are you coming home next? Cause I miss you alot! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've had the favorite part experience...
I remember when we climbed the mountain in AZ. Quality times. I Stand in Awe of You is one of my favorite songs because we sang it on top of the moutain. :)
I miss you and can't wait till your return!

megs said...

i heard my sister got to room with you all week. i'm jealous....of her, not you....