Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gotta love them floods

Well, the preschool flooded yesterday. While falling asleep to the pouring down rain I knew it probably would. And then six in the morning, JR was pounding on our door because they needed to call Mike because it flooded and the phones weren't working. So I threw on my shoes and went over, not sure what to expect, hoping it wasn't as bad as last time. No such luck. It was much worse than last time. So after hauling a bunch of toys over to the fellowship hall, Mike, JR and another guy set to work with the shop vacs. They cleaned it out pretty good and we were on the way to a dry preschool. Then Kerwin came over to do something today, called over to the fellowship and said "Uh, it's flooding again." (It was raining again) So, I don't know if we'll get back in there before Christmas break. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with that, the Christmas play and everything else that's going on. It's times like these that I think it's a good thing I don't have a family to take care of because I can hardly keep my own issues in order.
In other news, Publix opened yesterday about a mile from my house. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a grocery store. I went there today and it was great fun.
I'm really cold. I'm gonna go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you Sarah.

I miss you and you need to come home.

I am going to watch Chapter 6 tonight. It just won't be the same without you. :(

Bye.