Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holy Moly Macaroli

Is it really almost time for my two week Christmas break? Seriously- we just had people here for Memorial Day weekend, didn't we? Man, when I got home from Thanksgiving I thought that four weeks would go slow cause I didn't have hardly any weekend plans. But, I was wrong and here I am trying to organize all the stuff I need to get done before Friday when I leave. Craziness. Actually it's a little bit sad. I'm excited to go home for that long of time but I do plan on missing people down here. I'm kind of fond of them.
So, last Sunday was our Christmas program. Stuff like that down here just makes me laugh. Just cause it does. For one thing, us Sunday School teachers stand up front and sing with the kids. For another thing, well, I don't know. But stuff down here just makes me laugh. After church we had our S.S. Christmas party. Which consisted of eating pizza and playing one game. Sunday afternoon/evening we went to sing to Don who is from church and had a stroke and is in the home. And you know how in the Gospel Hymns they have the German version of Silent Night and everybody always jokes about how we should sing that after the English version but nobody ever does? Yeah. We didn't joke. We did. And I laughed the whole way through.
Tomorrow night we're going caroling which is always another interesting time. Like last week when we went. We pulled up to the people's house and Jessica asked me if I had ever been there. She said "check out the ceiling. It's very festive." First let me explain redneck decorating. If there is something they want to hang on the wall they just find any available space that they can and tack it up. They don't take stuff down they just keep adding. Who knows how old some of that stuff was. And of course nothing matches. Also might I add they had three of those singing Big Mouth Billy Bass fish mounted right in a row. One was a Christmas fish and one's tail was barely hanging on. And there's no room for any sort of a tree, and most of the wall space was taken, so all the Christmas ornaments were tacked up, hanging from the ceiling. It was quite a lovely sight. But there was a nice TV. Which played the entire time we sang of course.
So that's the latest in Athens. Now I gotta go do all that stuff that needs to get done before Friday. C-y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sarah- you bring joy to my day.'

I will see you soon!!!