Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pride Cometh Before the Fall

Which I realize. But until the fall comes, I want to brag because I just ran 16 minutes straight on the treadmill. Over a mile. I've never ran an entire mile in my life as far as I know. Now, it wasn't the fastest paced mile ever run (4.6 mph to be exact), but I did it. I was going to just going to alternate running and walking but when I started running, I just kinda kept going. And by the time I was ready to die I only had a few minutes left so I pushed myself a little harder than normal. Good thing tomorrow's Wednesday and I won't be visiting the gym. I probably won't be able to walk right.
But the real reason I wanted to blog is a new funny story. Last week one of my kids looked at me and said "Mith Thawah, You look handthumb." She has a little bit of a lisp. I wasn't quite sure if it was a compliment or not. I think it was. We'll just assume it was.
In other news, does anyone have advice on how to gain the respect of a kid who's a huge brat but you love more than life? Let me know if you do. Because he respects Melissa and Louise just fine but no matter what I do I just can't get there and I feel like I'm trying my best. It's frustrating. And occasionally brings me to tears. But enough of that.
I've got a whole list of stuff to do on the computer before my time is up so I gotta go. Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you are doin better than me. I can run like a minute and then I am DYING....

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sounds like you're doing awesome. I'll remember to call you the next time I do a 5K :)

The day I see you is drawing nearer. Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

Wow....a whole mile! And I'm not being sarcastic. I run like 1/4 mile and I die. I'm usually in awe of people who can run a mile!

Anonymous said...

wow. i'm impressed. I started running/walking this summer and I ran a block and then walked the rest of the way. But technically it's still running/walking.

I can't wait to see you!