Saturday, December 08, 2007

Life Goes On

I just couldn't think of a title because I don't really know what I'm going to blog about and so that's what I came up with. Hmmm..... last Saturday night was our Christmas party/potluck for church. I got a casserole dish cover and some lotion in the grab. And I was actually excited about it. I felt really old and momish but not too long ago I was thinking that a casserole dish cover could really come in handy and was wondering where I could get my hands on one. But now I don't have to worry about it! And I made mixed vegetables with buttered bread crumbs which I had never made before and the final product was a dish with about two inches of veggies with three inches of breadcrumbs. So the joke of the night was that Sarah made some really good crumbs with vegetables.
Tonight I'm babysitting for Ryan and Hope's kids while they go Christmas shopping. I can't say I'm too terribly excited about it but at least the kids are good and I don't really know what else I would do anyways. Except maybe go shopping myself. I went last night and tried to get some done but it was a very unsuccessful trip. Probably because I have in my head exactly what I want to get for each person in a certain price range and it makes it hard to find stuff.
Tomorrow afternoon we're having a benefit singing for some people from church. I've never met them but I'll go to the singing. I guess they're both really sick and have been bedridden for years which is why I've never met them.
Also last Sunday we put in a new minister. Kerwin was about the only option so nobody was too shocked when they said his name. Funny story, though. When the ballots were passed out, one of the old guys was sitting behind Kerwin and leaned forward to ask him "How do you spell your name?" Kerwin didn't tell him so he asked "Well then will you write it down for me?" Kerwin didn't really want to vote for himself so Don just wrote a big "K" on his ballot.
Well I have about 15 minutes before I need to leave for TN and I'm really bored. But I've run out of things to go on and on about so...................... the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your post made me laugh out loud. only in athens would those things happen. Do you know last night was the big Hodel Christmas and I made mixed vegetables? I wanted to put bread crumbs on them but I got lazy. And my bowl was way too big for my food so it looked like I was cheap. Oh well. I miss you and want to see you ASAP. But we won't see eachother until after Christmas. It kills me.

I wuf you!

Anonymous said...

P.S. We didn't have church today. I don't know why. It didn't look that bad.

Anonymous said...

Um...it didn't look bad because it was ice! Ice is clear :) Therefore, it gives the appearance of being okay, but really it isn't. Anyways...I think the ol' trustees made a wise decision. We don't need the elders in our church going out in the ice and snow and falling into ditches when the temperature is below freezing.

Anyways, Sarah, I had a strange case of deja vu while reading your post. Did you tell me this stuff on the phone? Or did I just dream it up. I remember something like, "Would you like some vegetables with those crumbs?"

I love you and I miss you. I can't wait to see you at Christmas.

P.S. I only have one more final left!!!! Can I get a hip hip hooray?

Anonymous said...

HIP HIP HOORAY