Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Still Laughing

So for those of you who didn't come to Alabama this weekend, you missed out. I seriously don't think we stopped laughing the entire time. And the things that happened still make me laugh out loud. Rebekah, Sarah Laub, Gab, Erin D, Caleb and Tony managed to make it in one piece about 1:30 Saturday morning. After sitting and talking for awhile we all went to bed and decided to be up and ready to go by 11:00. I guess we were feeling ambitious and wanted to get an early start. And just to remove all questions from everyone's mind, the guys stayed at the church. (We have beds and a shower over there.) And the girls stayed in my apartment. So we got up and went to Cracker Barrel. Then we had plans to go to the US Space and Rocked Center over in Huntsville but it was a lot more expensive than we wanted to pay. So I called Mark (who lives down here and is a pilot) and he took us flying. He had to take three trips cause it was really a teeny bopper of a plane. But for those of us who had the front seat on our trips up, (me, Beks and Tony) we all got to fly the plane. Gab and Caleb were in the back seat when it was my turn to fly and they can confirm that I am in no way shape or form a daredevil. But it was pretty fun anways. Then we came back to my place and were going to go to a place that Mark told us about that portrays how Alabama used to be, but when we looked it up, it's closed between December and February. And it just was too early for supper so we went bowling for an hour. Then went to a BBQ resturant that is about as southern as you can get. It was good though. Then we came back again to play games. Then Melissa and Mark took us to this swampy, marshy place that's pretty eerie especially at night to freak us out. It worked. Then we went to Wal-Mart for brownie mix and ice cream. Then we baked the brownies and had dessert. I'm sure you all are enjoying the play by play. Sunday morning we all made pancakes and sausage. All meaning, if you had a free minute you stopped by and made a few pancakes until someone else could take over. It really was a group effort. Sunday lunch was at CasaBlanca and then sadly, everyone left. The blog really does the weekend no justice. But I had to talk about it. But my computer is about ready to turn off cause the library's closing so I gotta go. Maybe next time the rest of you can come too. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i confirm you are not a daredevil

it was a blast! :) i'm glad we could all come down.

you forgot to mention the IMAX. for as much as it was brought up during the weekend, i can hardly believe you forgot!!!! maybe next time we come out it will be open.

luv ya

Anonymous said...

ummm...i still have intentions of calling you...we'll see if that happens...love ya!

JakeGman said...

so yeah...sounds like we all missed a really good time, I can't believe how much you guys packed into a weekend that pretty much consisted of one day! I talked to Caleb at church on wednesday night and he said that is was a good time! sorry we missed it!

see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah Jo...how much I miss you! I'm sorry I couldn't come this past weekend. I'd love to come visit you in Alabama, but (I know, I know...excuses, excuses) it's really hard to get away during school. Just one more year, though, and I'm done...for a while anyway :). I love you bunches and I hope to call you or hear from you soon.

XOXOXO