Thursday, February 01, 2007

Four letter words

S-N-O-W. I know, terrible isn't it? I woke up this morning to a blanket of snow. I was thrilled. Alabama natives on the other hand, overreacted. Even though the forecast said it would all be melted by midmorning (all one inch of it), they still freaked out. Grocery store shelves were seriously emptied out. Crazy people. It wasn't enough to cancel work, but we did open late. And because so many people were so afraid to go out in the horrible weather, we had 3 teachers and 9 kids. It was beautiful. I took my kids out to play in it for awhile. I didn't have a coat with me but the experience of snow is so rare for them I figured it was worth it. They were so excited about making footprints and eating it and all that good stuff. I even managed to scrape up enough for a little snowman. They didn't want to go in, but I was feeling pretty numb. So I was the mean teacher who made them stop having fun. But I'm going to go now. I'm at the library with an empty stomach and a full bladder. So I need to go take care of both.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how many years has it been since they got snow?

Anonymous said...

I love the snow...Especially when its coming down in big fluffy flakes that stick in your hair, on your eye lashes, or on your coat...

I love it when the flakes hit but don't melt right away so you can see the little crystals...I absolutely love snow...

It's so amazing. How great is God that he takes time to form each little flake! Wow, I'm amazed...

Did I mention that I love snow?

Anonymous said...

Though I love the snow, I do not enjoy the unlawfully frigid temperatures we have had lately. I mean, seriously, who actually likes temps like -15 or -20? Not I...I'd rather not live my life as a human ice cube...just a snow flake.

Anonymous said...

Well that was so poetic Kristi... I woke up this morning to snow too. It is absolutely beautiful today and to me the snow makes the cold temperatures worth it. Plus the freezing cold air is killing all the bugs which will make a more pleasant summer...We are supposed to get like 5 inches in Il. I hope we get 50! Love ya!