Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Free to A Good Home

So when I was in Haiti in February I really wanted to find a trantula to bring home. My dad took me trantula hunting a couple times but we couldn't find any. We thought maybe because it rained a lot while we were there so they were staying inside their rock homes. Well the week I was in Jamaica, my dad and brother were back in Haiti and they surprised me with my very own trantula. He's really very nice- I've grown pretty fond of him. He eats one live cricket 3 times a week or so. His name is Jerry. But as much as I love Jerry, my roommates absolutely despise him. I was told one was even in tears when she saw him. I didn't witness that so I don't know for sure. But I'm sure if they would just look deep inside of themselves they too would learn to love and appreciate Jerry for who he is. They really are being very quick to judge. Man looks on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart. Isn't that what we're taught? I mean, they're not giving poor Jerry a fair chance at all. But since humans are God's greatest creation, and I do love my roommates more than I love the trantula, I promised them that I would put him up for adoption. So for now Jerry is free to whoever wants him. Unless a lot of people do then maybe we'll just have to go with the highest bidder. So if you're interested, let me know.

9 comments:

Morgan said...

A turantula? As in a spider? One really, really, big question (a lot like the one I asked Beeg about Jake) - WHY?!?!? Eeeesh, I think I'll stick with my Yorkie :P

sarah said...

I think you have to buy the crickets from a pet store. I'm not sure how much they cost. I would even be willing to supply the first week or two's worth of Jerry's food.

Maryann said...

I am so not coming to visit you EVER! Yuck. You are crazy girl!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad i moved out.

Anonymous said...

i think it's great...i would love Jerry if I had a good spot for him, but I don't. If you can't find a buyer I'll take him ;) Not I want to come and see it. Love ya!

Luke said...

I got to meet Jerry last night, and Sarah's right. He's definitely very mis-understood. He's the victim of a stereotype.

Plus, I got to watch people dance in Queenwoods living room while listening to "Cotton-eyed Joe". Good times...good times.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
The reasons why I would be an appropriate adopter for Jerry,
1 I am adopted, he needs adopted, I could relate well with him
2 I have no female roomates that will cry, just makoto, I don't think spider is a delicacy for the japenese, but I'll have to check
3 girls cry when they see jerry, girls cry when they see me,once agian I could relate.
4 If i was to get bitten, I could give myself CPR being that I'm an emt and all
let me know :)
Los

Mark Miller said...

1. If you rearange your name, it could almost be Arabic, Hasar Odehl
2. You should try to write a 16 line song including chipmunks, my name, and paint sprayers.
3. Your color is Mango, just because
4. Being around you lifts me up:)
5. hmmm...My first/clearest memory...double-edged razor blades
6. I would say you remind me most of a squirrel, always chipper and people are energized just watching you.
7. So, how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
8. If I do this for you, you have to post this on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww a spider????

Sorry, cuz...I just can't cozy up with a spider, I don't care how misunderstood he is!