Friday, August 26, 2005

Attitude

So last night we had our annual supper for Sunday School teachers. For the primary grades in Roanoke (which would be me) we have a four year term. This will be my last year. Three years ago I thought I'd never see this day but all of a sudden it's here. Anyways, Mark Strietmatter was there to have the little encouraging talk that we always get. He mentioned how his 4 year old daughter pretty much thinks her Sunday School teachers walk on water and talked about how much impact we really have whether we know it or not. So why do I always struggle with a bad attitude? Why do I feel picked on because I'm the one having to teach Sunday School and not some other girl? These kids are excited to be there and I'm not. That's unfair to them. They want to learn, I should want to teach. I feel more excited about it all this year than I have in the past. Hopefully I can stay like that throughout the whole year. Because I know that I'm going to look back and miss it a lot more than I ever thought I would.

1 comment:

Luke said...

I'll pray that God will continue to keep your fire lit! May God continue to make it real how much you mean to these children.