Monday, March 30, 2015

Oh Florida, How We Love You!!

We just got back from having a grand ole time on Ft. Meyers Beach with most of Danny's side of the family.  Don't get me wrong- I had a good time last year when we went, but we had only been married three weeks and I was still in the beginning stages of getting settled into the family.  This year was way more relaxing for me!

Lots of beach and pool time



Yummy restaurants.  So, I don't usually take a picture of my food but do you see these things?!?!  Seriously!!  I ordered pigs in a blanket for breakfast and they were HUGE!!  I was expecting a little more even pancake to sausage ratio.  Those pancakes were each about twice as big as I was thinking they would be.  Tasty, but it was a struggle to even finish two of those babies!


Beach volleyball- where I was merely a spectator this year.  No playing time for me when I'm looking more like a ball than a volleyball player:)


Goooorrrrrrgeous sunsets!!


A shuffleboard tournament which never got past the second round because of the rain the came through.  Danny and I just assumed that we would have won the whole thing:)


Visiting Dustin and Mandy- so good to see them again and to learn more about The New Beginnings ministry they moved down to be a part of!


And spending lots of quality time with my favorite person!


Oh, and I had my first encounter with hugely swollen feet thanks to the heat and the long van rides.  They're looking a little better now but I'm afraid they won't be back to normal until after the baby is born:(  I had a picture on here but decided enough people are grossed out by feet that it would be better to just leave it off.  But in case you're curious and want a reference point, they kind of resembled that picture of the pigs in a blanket!

Oink oink

Anyway, it was great to be there and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine.  We weren't sad at all to miss out on the snow that happened while we were gone:)

No comments: