Tuesday, March 03, 2015

One Year Down!

We had a great week celebrating our first anniversary.  That's right- a WEEK!  I guess we like to make the fun times last as long as possible.  I had given Danny seven different coupons to use once a day for the week leading up to our actual anniversary.  Things like:

Pizza Night!  We had homemade pizza with the toppings of his choice (BBQ, ham, bacon, pineapple- and it was deLICious!!) and played an intense game of pizza box football.  If you've never played, you're missing out:)  Okay maybe you're not really missing out, but it's a fun game!


Then there was the Moonlight Stroll where we took a walk at night and came back to warm up with hot chocolate in front of the fireplace.  My coat is long past the point of buttoning up these days so I wore Danny's huge marshmallow coat.  We got a good laugh out of that!


On Saturday, Danny had made some plans to surprise me with!  I knew something was up but I had no clue what it could be.  I had thought of a lot of different ideas as to what it was, but I was way off on all of them.  That guy went out and found us a rodeo to go to!  Now, I do love me some rodeo and he had never been to one.  He doesn't even really like country music!  (Some things I will never understand...)  So the fact that he thought of it on his own and made the effort to find something like that spoke volumes.  I loved it!!


It was a pretty small arena, and it was only bull riding.  So if bull riding's not your thing, don't go. But for the rest of us- it's great fun!  While we were there, we had a romantic dinner of hot dogs and a soft pretzel from the concession stand:)


Monday came around and we exchanged cards and small gifts, and discovered that we had bought the same card for each other!  I guess that's what you get when the local Wal*Mart only has a small selection of anniversary cards.  And only one of those happens to be for the first year.  Sometimes I miss having Hallmark close by!  Oh, and we also went out to Pasquetti's.  Those garlic knots are just delightful!


Then it was time for the traditional eating of the wedding cake that's been in the freezer for a year.  The sugar Bible my mom made as a cake topper didn't fare so well.


We thought it might taste pretty freezer burnt,


but it was shockingly still moist and tasty!


So tasty that I snarfed it right down and had a second piece!  But then again, chocolate cake is pretty much my favorite dessert:)


But now we have a tupperware full of leftover cake.  Danny's not the biggest fan of it, which means the rest of it will probably go to me.  Which gives me excitement and anxiety all at the same time:)  So if you like chocolate cake as much as I do, stop on by- I'll give you a piece!


Anyway.  It's been quite the first year together!  We packed a lot into those 12 months and so once March 2 finally rolled around it was kind of like "Really?  We're just now celebrating one year??  Feels like so much longer!!"  In a good way of course.  So here we are facing year number two and looking forward to what it might bring.  Love you, honey!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too.....Baby!

Anonymous said...

It probably tasted so good cuz it was caleris... :)

Happy Anny!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Wow! Happy One Year!! It seems longer to me too - probably because you've had a lot of 'big' things :)

Happy Anniversary!