Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Shower #1

We went out to Illinois this weekend for my first baby shower!  It was a pretty full weekend and we had a great time.  My sis-in-law and two cousins did a great job of hosting a Saturday morning brunch shower.


Angie had asked me if there were any themes or anything I wanted for decorations and I decided on either books or something springy.  So she combined them and did "Books and Blossoms" decorations.  They were so cute!


And there we are.  Aren't we cute?!?!


Any disappointments I had over not having a boy are gone.  It was so fun to get girly things!  And at this point, my mind is so geared up for a girl it would just be weird if the sonogram was wrong and it's a boy!  I couldn't say that completely for a month or two after we found out, but now I'm good and ready and all excited for baby girl:)


There was even a special present that came up all the way from Jamaica.  Thanks Erin D- I love it!!


Saturday night some of the family got together at my parents for pizza.  We threw a bedsheet down in the kitchen for the kids to have a picnic.  The sheet didn't last long though- it was more fun to use it as a toy than a picnic blanket!


And it was Erin's birthday.  We managed to find a candle and sing to her before she polished off her drumstick all the way!


Sunday night we had a relaxing supper with just my family before we headed out.  I was kind of emotional about leaving this time.  I think just because it's the last time I'll be there and see my family before the baby comes.  And even though it's exciting, it will still be different from now on.  But it was a good reminder to cherish the times we do have together because as we hear in the fine country tune of "Time Marches On"..."the only thing that stays the same is everything changes". 

And on that note, I'm off to the library to stock up on books for our Florida trip later this week!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! Did you guess it was from me or did your momma have to tell you?
Enjoy Florida!
Love and Blessings from Jamaica!

Mandy said...

Yay for Florida!!! :) :)