Monday, April 06, 2015

The Great Invasion Of 2015

We had visitors last week!  It really wasn't an invasion like the post title says- I loved having them here!! My cousins, Angie and Lydia, and Angie's three kids came for a few days and we had a great time!  They got here on Tuesday night in time for supper and we just spent that evening relaxing and playing games.


The next morning I had a doctor appointment in Ft. Wayne at 9:00.  I drove up early and they met me there after my appointment.  After a quick errand at Costco that Angie needed to do (my first time there- and I liked it!) we took the kids to the play area at Jefferson Point for awhile before eating lunch at Chick-fil-a.  Now, we all know that Chick-fil-a is awesome.  But they upped their awesomeness by getting tables all set up for us while we ordered, complete with place mats for the kids and condiments for our food!  We were impressed!

It was gorgeous weather that day so after naps we enjoyed the warmth and sunshine before supper.  Ryan came over and him and Danny grilled out and played frisbee with Abel while the rest of us got everything else ready.  We played a couple more games that night before the kids went to bed and then the adults sat down to watch Beauty and the Beast.  That's right.  Adults + Disney movie= our evening:)



Thursday we went to Jungle George's for awhile.  The kids were entertained by the bouncy houses...



and we were entertained by the skee-ball!  We decided it really was for the benefit of the kids, you know.  Because we could win more tickets for them so they could get really cool prizes.  How kind of us.


They planned to leave early Friday morning and I would have gotten up to see them off, but Danny informed me he had the day off on Good Friday, so I said my goodbyes on Thursday night in order to sleep in on Friday!  I know- I'm such an amazing hostess!  But really though- we had a great time and I was so happy they came.  They were going to come last July but then my grandpa got really sick so I decided to go to IL instead to see him, knowing it would likely be my last chance to have a conversation with him.  It took a long time to find a new date for them to come and I'm so happy it finally worked out.  Angie and Lydia- thanks for making the effort to come!!

No comments: