Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Bits & Pieces

I Got A Job!

That's right folks:)  Sarah is finally employed!  A couple weeks ago I started working at a preschool here in town.  I'm there Monday through Friday from 8:30-12:00.  The hours are great, the kids are cute, and it's good to be back in that atmosphere!  It's definitely taking a little getting used to though.  Sometimes I wonder how I ever did it for eight hours at a time!  It's getting better, but the first few days I was completely wiped out after that short amount of time.  I felt like such a wimp!  I have a theory though.  I've always been in more of a daycare type setting, where there is a lot more down time.  This being a preschool, not a minute is wasted and we cram a LOT into just a couple hours.  I don't really know if I like it better or worse, it's just something a little different.  But I am very glad to have a job though.  I was starting to get pretty bored at home all the time!

House Update

Well, it looks like it's gonna be awhile at this rate.  We are pretty much at a standstill.  Waiting, waiting, and more waiting on insurance!  Our contractor got his estimate done, but we still don't know about the estimate from insurance.  For three weeks, the wet insulation and carpet just sat, which made us worry about mold growth.  So there was a company that came and cleaned that mess up, but we can't get started with the actual reconstruction process until the insurance approves everything.  Danny's grandma is moving home from the nursing home on Saturday and we're not sure where we're going to go after that!  We will most likely be living here with her for a little while, but do plan to move somewhere else once we get that figured out.  There are days when I really am okay just waiting everything out, and there are days when my frustration with the slow process runs high.  But then God helps me get my perspective back in check and life moves on.

My Grandpa

 A few weeks ago my grandpa passed on from this life to his eternal home.  We were out in Illinois for a wedding that weekend anyway, so when he died on Saturday night, I just decided to stay until the funeral and everything was over.  Danny came back to work a little bit and then back out to IL.  He was ready to be done being on the road!
My grandpa was an extremely kind and generous man who touched so many people.  He lived what he preached and always treated people with love.  Growing up with that, sometimes I didn't realize how much he meant to people because to me, he was my grandpa and I guess I just didn't know any better.  But seeing how many people came through the visitation and funeral gave a glimpse of how many lives he touched.  And seeing my grandma say goodbye one last time before they closed the casket was heart-wrenching at best. Per grandpa's request, all the grandkids sang a song together at the graveside.  That's something him and grandma love- listening to us sing together.  So much that we all got together and made a CD for them a few years back which they they passed out to all their family and friends like it was the greatest thing ever recorded!  But anyway, it made singing at the funeral pretty special.  #239 in the Hymns of Zion will never be the same for me!
He always went on and on about how much he hoped and prayed I could get married.  I don't think he realized that I really was okay, and would have continued being okay with being single!  I wonder if it's because he loved grandma so much and wanted me to be able to have that too.  But regardless, I'm so thankful he could be there to see that:)  He will be missed, that's for sure!


Six Months!!

We've made it to the six month mark as of today!  Trust me- I know six months really isn't very long at all.  But we feel some sense of accomplishment or something.  I guess I'm not exactly sure what it is.  It's been a joy sharing life with Danny!  We're kind of hoping the next six months is a little more uneventful that the first:)

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Congrats on the job!! How great!

So sorry to hear about your grandpa & your house :(

I cried the first 6 mo of our marriage, I think, so it is quite the milestone!! (Nothing against Klint...I was very happy. You know:))

Great update...

Erin said...

Loved the update. Whoohoo on the Job! Love you. Blessings