Tuesday, September 09, 2014

My Burfday!

I, for one, still love having birthdays!  I start anticipating it about a month before and I try to celebrate it for a full week:)  It finally came around again on September 3rd, just like it does every year!  That Monday, on Labor Day, we decided to make a cake that we could enjoy all week long. Chocolate cake just happens to be my favorite dessert so of course that's what we went with.  But this isn't just any chocolate cake from a box.  This is Deep Dark Chocolate Cake made from scratch, that even my "cake is my least favorite dessert" hubby thought was great!  We could only scrounge up nine candles which was probably for the better since I still had trouble getting them all blown out in one breath.  I would have been passed out cold with 32!


That morning Danny made me breakfast which was a pretty big deal because he's not a huge breakfast eater and I'm a firm believer in it.  When I picked up my toast, I saw a picture of Beth Moore!  I had hinted a few months back that her conference in Ft. Wayne this Saturday might be a good idea and he pulled through!  He even convinced some of my IL friends to come out for it:)


Since my actual birthday was on a Wednesday we waited to go out for it until Friday.  We went to Takaoka Japanese Steakhouse (don't have pictures), did "the bookstore date", and came back to watch Mom's Night Out.  Even though I'm not a mom it was still really good!  All you girls that are in the trenches of motherhood right now should definitely see it!


The bookstore date was one I got from the Dating Divas website.  A lot of their ideas I think are kind of cheesy, and this one was too, but I did enjoy it!  The idea is to go to a large bookstore and find things in different sections you each like.  We each picked out a recipe that looked good in the food section, a vacation we would like to take in the travel section, a kids book we liked in the children's section, and so on and so forth.  Something a little different to do!  And of course you have to read the kid's books out loud:)
The only problem with getting so excited over a birthday is that you're let down again after just a short 24 hours.  But there's always next year!

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I just love this post. Happy Belated Bday!

Tell Beth hi :)