Monday, September 29, 2014

House Update

We have progress, folks!!  After what seems like an eternity, things are finally happening!  About three weeks after the fire, a company came in and cleaned up all the wet carpet and insulation in order to prevent further damage.



And then the house just sat.  For almost two months.  And it was a frustrating lesson in patience.  I'm no dummy though- I know the lesson isn't over yet!  While it was just sitting, the tarp on the roof started collecting water each time it rained and getting more and more saggy until it looked like it was about to burst through.  It never did burst, but it leaked pretty bad.  Good thing we were getting new floors anyway, right?


The landscaping has not fared well.  I've never claimed to have a green thumb.  In fact, quite the opposite.  But this one vine/weed thing has taken over the backyard it seems.  I'm pretty sure even I would keep things under control a little better if we had been there.  Maybe next year?


However, the daisies have done great.  Even without us being there!  A lot of times when I stop by, I pull a few weeds in the smaller planters we have so that's probably helped.  But at one point in the whole ordeal Danny reminded me that God even takes care of the daisies, and we didn't even have to do anything!  He's definitely going to take care of us, too.


And THEN.  That GLOOOORIOUS day!!  When we got a text from Danny's sister with a picture of the contractor's van in our driveway.  We were so excited!!!  The kitchen is completely gone, as are two walls of drywall in the living room.  I drive past everyday on my way to work and this morning I could see that a big part of the roof was gone too.  I'm stopping by to look at some stuff tomorrow and am excited to see what else has been done!




It would be my dream to get in by Christmas, but I know that's highly unlikely.  It will probably be January or February.  (That patience thing, you know.)  So until then, we will stay in our 
Home, Sweet Temporary Home:)


3 comments:

Erin said...

woohoo for progress!
Have a great week.
Love and Blessings

teresa said...

Thankful for each step of progress. Years ago our son's family had a fire. I remember a stranger, who had gone thru losing a home to fire, stopped by to chat. He said, "It will take time. It won't all be figured out this week or the next. Keep plugging away and in time you'll come thru." It was great encouragement for our son. The Lord is faithful. Praying for both of you.

Connie said...

Thanks for the update Sara. Jay/Ronda Grube spent the night with us Monday as they were on their way upnorth on their motorcycle. I asked them how your house was coming. You will have a beautiful brand new home in a couple of months. God's Blessings.
Dean and Connie Pashak