Saturday, August 04, 2012

Life Changes

Well my week certainly did not go as planned.  A couple weeks ago I told my boss that I would be quitting my job within the next month.  I didn't know for sure when- probably around the end of August.  I was going to work full time at the elevator through harvest again and then after that?  I didn't know where I would end up.  I was going to look for jobs here in Illinois and also back in Alabama.  I was reeeaalllly excited about the thought of moving back to Alabama. 
Now, if you may remember, I had applied to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at my local community college for the second time back in January.  And for the second time, I didn't get in.  But I was really okay with that.  I had completely moved on from it and was very much so looking forward to whatever else might happen (hoping it had something to do with living in the south).  So imgaine my surprise Monday morning when my phone rang and I heard the voice on the other end say "Hi, this is so and so from the ICC Health Careers Department and you've been accepted into the OTA program!"  Uhhhhh...... WHAT?!?!?!?!?  I was completely unprepared to hear that.  She kept going on and on about how exciting this was and congratulations and stuff.  But all I could think of was that MY plans were all of a sudden coming to a screeching halt and MY life was doing a 180 and I was NOT ready for that!  So I spent the day being extremely overdramatic/crying/playing poor me.  But God.  He ever so kindly reminded me that this is a great opportunity and MY plans maybe weren't what he deemed as best for me.  I don't know the reason behind all the inconvenient timing, but he has also helped me get pretty excited about this new path.  I'm not really thrilled about becoming a poor college student as I enter my thirties, but here I am.  And I absolutely know that God will provide.  And to top it off?  I still get to work at the elevator.  Only part time, but still enough to make me happy:)
The next two weeks will be kind of a whirlwind, trying to fit in all my different things to get done for the program and finishing up at work, but here we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah- I am so happy for you. I know how you must be feeling since the same thing just happened to Beth and she is on Cloud 9 about it! She had just gotten over the fact that she didn't get in and was prepared to take the route of plan B, and all of a sudden she is in! One never know s what God has in store for you. Congrats!

sarah.flyingkites said...

WOW, congratulations! That is so exciting (and I'm sure a little scary)

:) Thanks for sharing