Monday, August 01, 2011

Ixtlan

I tried posting while I was in Ixtlan this past week but I had to enter a phone number or something before I could post and it was all in Spanish and I wasn´t for sure what it was asking for so I just decided to wait until I got back to Morelia.  So there.
Anyway, Ixtlan was great.  I was there to help with their VBS.  Since my Spanish is limited I felt like I couldn´t help as good as I would have liked to but I guess I was good for crowd control at least!  There were two other girls and a guy from the states there as well and so between us and the people in Ixtlan we had a nice little group.  I was so excited for an abundance of fellowship!  I felt completely filled up when I returned last night to my house.  They´re actually doing VBS in Morelia this week now but I don´t know how much I´ll be helping.  Probably just a day or two.  It´s really overwhelming to think about doing school then rushing off to VBS then coming back to school for conversation club.  I know, I should be tougher but I´m not.
So far two of my friends have said my Spanish is a little better than when I left which is pretty encouaging but we´ll see how it goes tonight at conversation club!
So, I pretty much decided to wait until I get home to post picutres.  Sorry.  But at this point I think it will be easier to do one or two giant posts rather than trying to play catch up while I´m here.
Well I´m supposed to be meeting some people for lunch so I better get going.  Until next time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Sarah!! Hope you're having a great time. We miss you up here!!! :)

Love ya,
Emily

babs said...

happy to know where you are and what your doing

Erin said...

So Now I am Back in the States and you are out of the country.... Don't think I will make it to Mexico to see you... what are the chances you are going to be back to the states before the end of Aug? So proud of you! I love you. Blessings!