Monday, August 08, 2011

Coming To A Close

Well my time in Morelia is over.  I flew to Hermosillo on Saturday morning where I was picked up by Joel and Kristi.  Today is my last full day in Mexico and I'll be crossing back into the good ole USA tomorrow sometime.  I still have a week before I get all the way home because I'm spending a few days in Phoenix and a few days in Denver.
In some ways it seems like July 1 was a reeeallllly long time ago but in some ways it seems like I just got to Mexico.  Wow.  Just as I'm typing this I all of a sudden started getting all reflective and I'm not sure if I'm ready to get back into life up there.  I don't know what's waiting for me when I get home.  I mean, I have plans to an extent.... probably find a job, probably find an apartment..... but that's just probably.  And I don't know what/where either one of those will be.
I have a story that I just love about my last couple days in Morelia.  There were two people that I felt very strongly that I needed to give Bibles to.  One was a man who was probably 40 something who at one point while I was there was asking me a lot of questions about my faith.  I asked him if he would want to see some verses and he said he would.  So I told him I would try to find a Spanish Bible so he could understand better.  The other was a 20 year old "younger brother" type of guy.  I didn't ever ask him if he wanted to see any verses but after a certain conversation that we had I felt absolutely compelled that I needed to give him a Bible too.  When I went to Ixtlan I picked up two Bibles and some tracts.  I also wrote a letter and had a friend help me translate it so I could better express myself.  Then I prayed that God would give me a good chance to give them the Bibles.  I didn't really want to hand them out in front of everyone and so I asked for just a few minutes alone with them.  Thursday night I went to conversation club and only four other people showed up.  Two of them were the ones I had the Bibles for.  One of the other people left earlier than the rest and the other one there was the good friend of the 20 year old.  At one point he left the table so it was just me and these two people I had Bibles for in my backpack.  I wanted to be able to give them away on my last night there and so I hesitated just a little bit.  But I knew I had prayed for this opportunity and I better take it while it was there.  After I gave them their Bibles, they both said they weren't going to be there the next day.  I was so thankful that God gave me the perfect timing and that I took the opportunity.  I was sad to say goodbye to my friends there but after Thursday night my time felt complete and I was ready to move on.
I've loved being here with Joel, Kristi and Co.  Soraya is such a sweet lil punkie poo:)  And Beni is at a really fun age.  I haven't seen much of the older boys because they're out working most of the day but they're in and out of the house occasionally.  It's a lot hotter here than it was in Morelia.  I always carried a jacket with me there and used it almost every day.  Here?  Not so much.
Tomorrow my uncle is picking me up in Tuscon and taking me back to Phoenix.  I'm excited to spend some quality time with that portion of my family.  I don't get to see them very often.
Well I better go before the internet quits working and I've typed everything up for nothing!

1 comment:

babs said...

Sarah,what am interesting blog..
I am really jealous that you
got to see our sweet Soraya, and I
haven,t. So glad that you got to see Krist,Joel and Soraya.Hope you
will have some pictures to show me