Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well here is a very small sampling of my pictures from this summer.  If I would have been putting pictures up the whole time there would probably have been a lot more description with each one.  But most of these I've already talked about so since I already spent lots of time putting them on facebook, a small description will have to do.  I don't quite have the gumption to type it all out again, and you most likely don't have the gumption to read it all again.  So without further ado... small descriptions.

The four of us students that went to Mexico City and then to see the pyramids.  By far one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
The boys ordered worms for lunch.  I ate one just to say I ate it.  And only because it was fried and crispy.  I never would have done it if they were still soft.  It tasted kind of like a corn nut.  The boys, however, ate worm tacos.  Nasty!!!
The copper making place we visited.  It was really cool to watch and it was like a step back in time since they did everything by hand there.
Waiting for a taxi in the rain.  After a few minutes the boy in the red remembered he also had an umbrella so then we didn't have to share.  But the real reason for putting the picture on here is the guy in the denim jacket.  That's Jose, who I talked about in an earlier post.  The one who felt like a younger brother to me.
Going out for tacos in Ixtlan.
In Mexico, there's stores for just about anything.  The paper store, the tortilla store, the ice cream store... and in Ixtlan there's also the casket store!
Some of the boys from the class that Gloria taught and I pretended to know Spanish good enough to help.
The truck the kids from neighboring towns piled onto coming to and from VBS.  I think the most we had that week was 70 or 80 on the truck but they said in the past it's been over 100.  Mass chaos is the only way to describe it.
Diana (next to me) and Tara (purple shirt) were also there that week to help with VBS.  The other girl, Maggie, is from Ixtlan.
Back in Morelia... this is the famous aqueduct.  As you follow it down the road, the arches get smaller and smaller until they are just a few inches off the groung.
Onto Magdalena.  Joel and Kristi's youngest boy, Beni, was SO fun to play with.  He's at such a great age:)
Sweet little Soraya.  This is what she did most of the time I was there.
The four older boys.  From L to R: Angel, Jose, Issac and Daniel.
Quick shot with los Lemans before leaving Tuesday morning.
Now in Phoenix.  I met up with my friend Maryann who I hadn't seen in five years.  It was great to see her again and catch up.
The Phoenix part of my family: Amanda, Trevor, Sue, Joe, Brandon and Phoebe the dog.  If I ever come to the point in my life where I find myself living alone and wanting a pet for a companion, a Phoebe dog is what I want.
My Saturday night social life in Denver.  My cousin Jared and two of his roommates, Tucker and Jake.  A few of us went tubing down some rapids earlier that day but I have no pictures.  Only bruises to show for it.  And believe me, you don't want to see those.
On Monday in Denver, my aunt Boni and I took the boys to the zoo.  I didn't get any pictures of all of us there.  Only on the way to the airport (the first time) did I quick snap a couple of the boys.  Here's David.
And Mighty Mike!  When I got bumped I thought maybe then I would remember to get a picture of Ed and Boni but it just didn't happen.  It was fun to have that extra day in Denver but by the time I got back to Roanoke Wednesday night, I was ready.

So, there's that very small sampling of my pictures!

No comments: