Monday, July 11, 2011

A Mexican, Two Americans, A Phillipino and A Thai

So, the title sounds kinda like the start of a bad joke, but that´s what we were.  A small group of us went to Mexico City and to another place that I can never remember the name of this weekend.  Mexico City was okay but mostly we just walked around to a bunch of old historical churches that don´t have a whole lot of meaning to me.  One or two churches is great.  But multiple churches and museums gets long.  However, Sunday morning we went to see some pyramids and old Aztec ruins.  So very cool.  I do have pictures but I´m not sure if I´m allowed to put them on these computers here in the lab even if I promise to take them right back off and I´m too afraid to ask the nice English gentleman running the lab if it´s okay.  Plus I´m short on time right now.  Anyways, the pyramids were amazing.  Awesome, incredible.... take your pick.  That´s why I decided to go on this trip and it was so worth it.  Three of us climed to the top and woo baby was it steep.  I spent half the time either climbing up like a kid might with my hands on the steps in front of me or else holding onto the ropes that were there for our convenience.  I´m kind of a fraidy cat and got a little dizzy thinking I might fall backwards.  But the top was worth it.  This would be a lot better post with pictures but just use your imagination.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I want pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed it! teotihuacan is worth the trip. gave a report to titania. i think she enjoyed the update although she was not pleased to hear you spoke english with the fam when you first arrived:) -reb