Monday, June 28, 2010

37 churches, 9 states and 4 countries

That's what was represented at High School Girl's Camp 2010.  As usual, it was pretty stinkin amazing.  The overall theme was "Good News!!" about the good news of Jesus being risen.  We have Nothing to fear, Nothing to prove and Nothing to hide.  Being the inadequate picture taker that I am, I of course don't have too many to show.  But I do have a few:)  The Good News theme was a newspaper theme and each cabin was a different section of the newspaper.  Such as the Heavenly Homes and Gardens, Fulfilling Food, Peaceful Politics, Risen Obituaries, Master's Money and so on and so forth.  We were the Spiritual Sports.  I thought it was very appropriate seeing as how one day I'm going to be an Olympic gymnast;)  Decorations were easy.  Sports equipment put on display and jerseys draped over the bunks took care of it.  We did, however, have some pretty awesome goody bags thanks to Party City sports themed birthday party section!  Those feet that you see are unfortunately the only picture I got of my co-counselor, Abby.  We did have a good time though and I enjoyed getting to know her better.


One cool think we did was a balloon launch.  We decorated index cards with verses about the good news of Jesus and sent them into the air.  Hopefully the people who find them will either be encouraged or even want to know more of the good news.


Okay, I didn't get a whole group picture.  There were 11 people in our cabin, including me and Abby.  Between the 11 of us we came from 10 different churches.  We had Taylor, Kaleigh, Leah, Keelin, Andrea, Latoya, Whitney, Hannah and Megan.


I'm not too fond of this picture of myself but I sure didn't want to leave her out!


The two that were gallavanting around and I had to chase down to get their picture:)


Already looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

Rebekah Hoffman said...

It was totally awesome, Sarah! I had fun being "neighbors" with your cabin LOL!

I agree--I can't wait till next year!! Camp is always such a blessing!

gloria said...

oh Girls Camp, how I missed it this year :( I remember last Year, Ixtlan was one of those churches as well :) was anybody from Ixtlan there this year? which ones were the 4 countries?

hopefully I can make it next year :)
blessings from MX!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

We'll be praying special prayers for you this week. We love you. God be with and bless you.

Dad and Mom

Erin said...

hey are you going to be around central il in aug? I will be so if you want can we meet for a date? Let me know. I hope your doing super! Love you. blessings