Monday, June 07, 2010

Denver Weekend

I was able to spend this weekend out in Denver.  Matthew Moore (from Athens) was getting married and my cousin Jared lives out there and mentions every now and then that I should come visit.  So it was the perfect excuse to make the trip.  I flew out Thursday night from Nashville.  Mark and Bekah happened to be on my flight which was fun.  I failed at getting a picture of the three of us at the airport:(  Jared picked me up and took me to the girl's house I would be staying at.  Friday morning my friend Abel, who I haven't seen in like eight years, picked me up and we went to lunch.  It was good catching up with him.


He dropped me back off at Jared's and then we (me and J.) went up into the mountains a little bit.  After trying one road, only to discover it was closed (when we were almost at the top) we went back down and tried a different road.  This one was successful but becuase we had spent so much time driving up and down the other one, we weren't able to go quite as high as we wanted.  But it was still really pretty and we were able to get out and hike for a half hour or so.  Well, I would call it hiking.  Jared probably thought it was way to easy to be considered hiking but it was good enough for me.


I also failed at getting a good picture of me and Jared.  This is about the best I got.  It's kind of hideous but it will have to do.


After driving around for more than four hours, we made it back into the city and met up with some others where we went to a folkish/bluegrassish concert then out for ice cream.  Usually if someone else takes a picture with my camera it turns out blury because they don't let it focus first.  That's the case here but since she was a complete stranger and had already taken two pictures I decided not to be too picky.


Saturday we grilled out and played volleyball all afternoon then went back to Dan and Tess's for pizza and games.  I only got one picture of that evening but the one I got makes me smile.  Someone had the idea to play pick up sticks with Tess's huge decorative bamboo things.  It was nearly impossible so we traded those for her skewer sticks.  During the game an impromptu singing with just five of us ensued (great word, huh?).  That game/singing turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the weekend.


Sunday obviously was the wedding and though it was the main reason I went out, I forgot to take my camera along so I have no pictures of the bride/groom/reception.  I was bummed about that.  I'll just say that the service was good, the dress was beautiful and the cake was amazing.  That pretty much sums it up:)

Jared then so very willingly took me back to the airport.  Jared, if you read this, thank you so much for driving me all over.  You're so cool:)  My flight was delayed an hour but it was all right because there was a couple at the wedding that I met up with at the airport and was able to talk to for awhile.  We landed at midnight and I got home at 2:15 this morning.  It was a long and full weekend but it was really really good.

3 comments:

JK said...

I'm loving the picture of you and Jared...such a typical J face. Hee heeeeee!

Anonymous said...

enjoyed your blog,especially the
beautiful mountain and the picture
of you and Jared.He is such a neat
grandson.

dan and tess said...

Heyyyy. I finally added you to my "list"! (thanks for reminding me!) Yeah...I'll update one of these days...when there's something to update about! :)