Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oldies

I was looking through some old pictures and decided to post a few that never got posted, most likely because I didn't have my own computer at the time.  It's always fun to look at my old pictures and take a trip down memory lane.  So even though these probably won't mean to you what they mean to me, I will do it anyway. 
The first one was taken a few years ago when some of the people who had came to our Tennessee Fellowship weekend over Memorial Day stayed an extra couple days to reshingle the church.  They only had a couple days to get things done and even though it poured down rain probably 75% of those two days, the worked hard and got it all done.  At one point it sounded like they were going to come through the roof and when I ran out to get a look this is what I saw.  With that long line up of men working together, it took no more than a minute to get that big section of shingles off.  I know you can't tell in the picture but was really cool to watch.


This was awhile back when Jean Shilove, one of my Hatian brothers, had the chance to come visit us for the summer.  I took him to my aunt and uncles to swim and he loved laying in the water. 


This was from Mexico over Thanksgiving of '08.  One night after supper me, Erin and Kristi were bored and took a series of pictures between the three of us.  I think this picture might be my favorite one from the whole trip.


I will spare you the whole series of pictures that we took but this one just makes me laugh.  We didn't plan it to turn out this way, but the way Kristi is hiding behind Erin it makes it look like Erin has one head and two bodies.  We laughed for a long time over this one:)


Welp, that's it for now.  Some of my oldies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To our darling daughter,

Sarah Jo, you have again come up with such a creative and memorable gift. I have our picture on my dresser and yes, I love the scabble message part of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you (remember who used to say that a lot?) Hope you had a blessed week at girl's camp. We love you Sarah. May God bless you ALWAYS!!!!!

Mom

PS Keep praying for Dad (and Steeves if he comes along) to get home safely, please. I know you will, but just thought I'd throw it in. :).

Erin said...

I appreciated these oldies very much. I can't believe Mexico was that long ago. 08'. Anyways I am actually checking your blog and thought I'd better let you know. Love you so much and I need you...