Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Patrick

Before I mention Patrick I have to talk a little about my weekend. Everyone down here made fun of me because I went home to harvest. And that was really the only reason. I didn't get to ride in the combine or go to the elevator at all last year and it was pretty devastating. It was the first year in my life that I didn't get to. So I went home. I was pretty excited because I was going to make really good time and get home about 9:30 Friday night. But then I got stuck in a traffic jam and didn't make it until 11:00. Here's the story, whether you want to hear it or not. About 5:00 in the afternoon a moving van driver fell asleep at the wheel and crossed over from the southbound lane into northbound and hit two cars. Two college girls in one car were killed and a couple from Florida in the other car were severely injured. I was sitting there from about 6:00 to 7:20. About 9:00 it was still backed up and a semi came up on it too fast and hit four more cars and killed one more guy. So that was that. Kinda scary because it was another reminder that you just never know how much time you have left.
Anyways, so I had a really good time at home spending time with my family. It was relaxing and low key and just really good.
Now onto Patrick. Yesterday was Jena's birthday so we went out to Logan's for supper. Our waiter's name was Patrick. 40ish, balding, comb-over, with not so cool looking glasses. He was just a little too eager to be our waiter. He brought us our rolls (there were three of them) and we each had one and 1/2. Then he came and asked us if we wanted more, to which we said no. So then he proceeds to tell us "Oh, okay. Well now that you've eaten them, there's 160 calories in each roll before butter." I mean seriously- who does that? I told him he wasn't getting a good tip after that. But he did though. I wasn't very mean. But I was kind of annoyed with him. Oh well. It tasted good.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Sarah,
It was sooo good to have you home this past weekend! I enjoyed seeing your little face. I am glad that you were not the cause of the delay. And I'm sorry that your waiter told you how many calories are in a single roll. Mean, Mean Man!!!! I hope you have a good weekend. I saw Doris Fischer last night and she said that she might get to see you this weekend!!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Well I must say it was a delight to see you this weekend. I missed you so much. And now I miss you again!
So I have just one question about Patrick...
Did you tell him your kleenex joke?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

There was no mention on me in that post. I cried. :)

Patrick reminds me slightly (in a different way) our waitor at Bennigan's. The one you told the kleenex joke to. Ha Ha....

Love you. I hope you've been enjoying my flair!

Anonymous said...

So I didn't read ang's comment until after I wrote mine. Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

I wuf you : )

Anonymous said...

okay so it sounds like i was the only one who didn't see you this weekend but thats okay because I honestly not sitting around waiting for you to show up:) That was a real random story about patrick. We had doug banwart doing that to us down here on one work team each time I drank a ting he reminded me that it had 400 calories to that comment i would just smile and enjoy my ting! Have a great day. love you

taryn said...

Sarah, you're the greatest. Do you know that? Also, I'm tagging you. Visit my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! I just discovered your blog through Jen Heiniger's blog! Just wanted to say hi!