Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, Monday

Glad I could put that song in everybody's head. Now, onto my post.

We had Homecoming weekend. It was great. Not a dance Homecoming, but a sit and listen to music with family and friends Homecoming. So much fun! And mom and dad came last minute because of the rain which was very exciting to me. And then came Monday. My alarm went off at 7:05. I hit snooze and didn't hear the alarm again until 8:03. Which is precisely why I set my alarm so much earlier than when I actually get up. Because not hearing it is a common occurrence. But I usually don't go that long without waking up. So after rushing around getting ready, I head to work. Had absolutely nothing planned. Not even any good ideas of what I might do with my kids. So I ended up giving them two really stupid worksheets that I copied off really quick. And they didn't do them right at all because Mike came in to talk to me and so while I talked they just fought and scribbled all over their papers. Then I went to Wal-Mart to get this weeks groceries for the preschool. It was packed for a Monday morning. And my checkout lady was new and I was there for a really long time and by the time I got back the kids were already eating lunch. I don't usually mind going. In fact, I rather like grocery shopping. But not today. Today I didn't like it one bit. Then after lunch it was my turn to do bathrooms before nap. One of our toilets in the girls bathroom doesn't have a lid on the tank because it broke. So some girls decided it would be fun to fill the tank with TP. That was fun to clean up. Then in the boys bathroom, I walked in and someone had decided to smear their poop all over the wall. That was fun too. And I tell ya, the fun just didn't stop. Because I heard one boy say to another, I'm going to pee on you. I thought "yeah right." But then guess what! He whipped it out and peed on the other boy! Who, mind you was standing several feet away. So not only does boy #2 get peed on, but so does the floor and the other wall that up until that point was clean. But now the kids are sleeping and hopefully the afternoon goes a little better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this would be why i work with sedated kids.... :)

Erin said...

sounds like my life. I have found both numbers on my library floor number 1 I cleaned up myself, number 2 I called tony to come in with a shovel and bucket (a little extreme but it did the work) I love working with kids! Thanks for the song in my head I needed a new one! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

so i saw your status on facebook about the poop and was hoping for a story on your blog...
I was rewarded!
I'm sorry you had such a terrible day.
I hope the rest of the week makes up for it...
And I love you!

Anonymous said...

I love you too. You always have the best stories. I don't know if it's just me imagining you telling me them or what, but they are always top notch.

Bye.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love you :)

Even though kiddos can be a trial most of the time, they're so sweet. I wouldn't trade working with kids for the world...even though they do occaisonally smear poo on the walls.