Saturday, October 13, 2007

Oops

I didn't mean to publish that last one without writing anything. Sorry bout that. But I just don't know what to write about. Umm...... last weekend was a lot of fun with Brad and Patty. This weekend is our board meeting and next weekend I'll be in Roanoke for Single Focus Weekend and I'm really hoping someone will go to Doc's with me. I bet I'll be able to convince someone. Last night me and Melissa went out to eat with Mark Masters (he's the newest guy on the board) and it was really fun. I used to be really close to his daughter and seeing him makes me miss her because she looks so much like him and all her mannerisms and everything are like him and so all of a sudden I wanted to be back in high school writing letters back and forth with Deanna again. Tonight we're eating with all the board members at a good ol' hole in the wall southern place. Mike always picks really classy places. (that was sarcastic in case you didn't notice) I guess he figures most of the places down here are up there too so he wants to give them a southern cooking experience. And for those of you who have never had one of those experiences, let me explain. There is no food known to mankind that you cannot deepfry. Or BBQ. But not ground beef BBQ. Shredded meat topped with slaw (not the mayonaisey kind from the north- more of a vinegar based slaw) and BBQ sauce. And not the kind that's probably in your fridge. More of a runny, kind of vinegary based sauce too. They do have normal kinds of sauce, but the runny kind is always an option wherever you go. Now, a lot of this stuff tastes really good going down, but about 1/2 hour after it's down you feel like you have a huge rock in your stomach and the best thing to do is just go to bed and hope you feel better in the morning. So if you ever get a hankering for something like that, just come on down and I'll help you out. All right Angie, I posted again. And that's all I have this afternoon. Oh- I bought new shoes today. If you want to see them, come to Roanoke next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to the fiddler's convention with out me!!! I'm very very jealous!!!
~~Meika

Anonymous said...

I tend to love you. :)

I am so excited. And you didn't need to convince ME to come to Doc's. I'll be there will bells on.

I have to tell DWP to wear his shirt. Ah ha ha he's so cute in it.

OKILOVEYOUBUHBYE.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

ok, so you don't need to convince me either. Any time that I can eat at DOC's with sarah is like...well i don't know but whatever it is like it's good.

CYA BYE