Thursday, September 06, 2007

Weekend Recap

Finally. Tonight is the first time I checked my e-mail or anything since I got home. The weekend was just really really great. Went to Doc's of course, and Liberty Joy sat by me and actually talked to me the whole time. She's getting old enough that it doesn't take near as long to warm up to me. I went to the library too and got 5 books. I'm on the fourth one. I'm one of those read a book in a day and get nothing productive done type of people. Saturday night was my Queenwood "bash". It was fairly small but it was fun. Complete with a pinata and everything. Sunday was good. I thoughly enjoyed my church lunch. Donuts are few and far between anymore and I savored every bite. I had an awesome Sunday afternoon nap in my awesome bed and then went to Olive Garden with my parents and Nate and Jamie. Then we hit up the Ice Cream Shak cause Jeremy and Lid were going to be there and I wanted to see them. And lo and behold when I got there I saw a whole table full of friends that I didn't know would be there. So of course that was fun. Monday (my birthday) I was planning to go to Monical's for lunch with a few cousins but it turned into a cookout at Nate and Jamie's with aunts and uncles and everybody. So even thought I still want Monical's I'm really glad that's what we did. Then I had to leave. It stinks leaving home. And everybody was lined up in front of the house waving as I drove off. Fun, but sad. By the way, spending your birthday driving by yourself if not a terribly exciting way to celebrate. I wonder how old I'll be before I quit getting excited about my birthday. Oh!-Side note-so yesterday the Graduation song by Vitamin C was going through my head for some reason. Who knows why. Particularly the line that says something like How's it gonna be when we turn 25? I'm there now. And there's not a whole lot to it. Anywho, I kept a written tally of the cops I saw on the way home. I saw 24. Three were in Nashville. The other 21 were all in Illinois. Crazy. But now I am past my doomsday and if I get a ticket now I will not lose my license. Just so I don't get two before January. Okay that's my weekend in a nutshell. Can't wait to go back next weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I see how I rate. Not one mention. Not the fact that you love me. Or I tried to get the last hug. Or you serenaded me on your way home. Or that I called you Monday night.
I get nothing.
You wonder when you'll stop being excited about your birthday. I wonder if I'll ever be mentioned in a post.

I cry.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Just wanted to let you know I thought of you tonight. Erin and I were playing Uno, and it started out we were only going to play one game and then go to bed. Well it soon turned into best out of three and then five, and then the comment "we're not going to bed until I win one game", and presto Sarah and Racko popped into my head. Glad you're home safe, and it was good to see you. By the way I won 12 straight games of Uno, before we could finally go to bed.

Anonymous said...

way to go herb. better luck next time erma.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouragement, brnt.

i'm glad you didn't get stopped by a cop. i miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Que Sera sera, whatever will be will be, the future's not our's to see, que sera sera...
I miss you, too. Bummer I have to work next weekend, but hopefully I'll still see you.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Smear a little hair gel on your license plate, and soon it will be so dirty that all 25 cops would never be able to call in the speeder and you would get off scot free. If erma would put hair gel on herb's fingers, she could win at Uno. See .. there's lots of uses for hair gel.

I wanna know who spilled the beans. :-(