Thursday, June 14, 2007

Daryl Howard

Yesterday this guy comes to the preschool in the morning to drop off his little boy. I knew we were probably going to get a new little guy so I thought nothing of it. The dad just dropped him off and left which is very unusual for the first day, but Daryl seemed to be doing fine. Well then Melissa started looking through his paperwork and realized that he was at the wrong place. After several phone calls she finally got ahold of the dad and he came back and got him. He was supposed to go to Loving Arms, but then later we found out that he stopped by the kitchen and asked Miss Barbara how to get to Tender Care. So hopefully Daryl got to wherever he was supposed to be. He was really cute, but he was into absolutely everything the whole 15 minutes we had him so maybe I'm glad he was going to Loving Arms. Anyways, Girl's Camp was this past weekend. And, as usual, was great. I've never had a cabin full of girls that stuck together as much as this one did. It was great how much they all got along. And my lovely co-counselor Alexis just made camp even better. The theme was being sold out for Jesus. I think it did me more good than it did the girls. I don't have anything going on this weekend which makes me happy because I feel like I need a weekend just to breathe for awhile. But then next weekend it's up to Taylor for Jenae's wedding. Which will be thrilling I'm sure. Even though it can be hard to see close friends get married, their weddings are usually the most fun. Lessseeee.... oh- you all can pray for rain for us down here. For real. Maybe I think about it more being a farmer's daughter, but really- we need rain. All the cattle farmers are selling their cows because they can't afford to feed them and we're having the worst draught on record (since 1890 something) and they had a pretty bad one too, last year. And unless it rains anytime soon it looks like we will not be having any fireworks displays for July 4 this year. Which truly is a tragedy. So if you think about it, you can pray that God sends some rain down here. Well I think that's all my news. I need to get some stuff done for my kid's Father's Day presents. We're making cards that look like shoes and putting their footprints on the inside with this poem: Here is my little footprint, One day it will fit your shoe, I watch what you are doing, Because Daddy I want to be like you. Touching, isn't it? Okay, tootles!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for say that we stuck together as a camp. I'm a farmer's daughter and i know what is is like to need rain. (we could use some too) Anyway i'll make sure that i pray extra hard so that you can get some rain! -erica

Anonymous said...

i miss you

4 days of you has spoiled me.

KENTUCKY is next

I am just SOOO excited

I love you and will talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I love the name...

Sarah, I am so looking forward to seeing you in Taylor. It shall be a treat. Then we'll sing our merry little ditty and move on...no more fretting and stewing. :)

I love you tons. Hope to talk to you soon.

P.S. I can't wait to see the rodeo...yeeee haw!

Anonymous said...

Sawah. A phone call wasn't enough. Kentucky is too far away (I think 51 days). I miss you and this is too much to bear. When will I be with thee again? My fingers are cold because the air is blowing on them. Brrr. VBS tonight. Dennis Rassi. Hope it's good. But I have Libbs so I may not hear anything. :) I loveth thee and wish you all of God's richest blessings. Farwell dear sister.
:)
Me

Anonymous said...

sarah, are some of your cousins kind of wierd?