Friday, October 13, 2006

Funny Story

Okay I have my first work story from the Apostolic Christian Preschool. Today (Friday) I was making sure all the kids got their hands washed before we went to lunch. Ronnie, who isn't actually developmentally slow, he's just in his own little world was up next. He also has a little bit of a lisp. We decided he's not going to be the cool athlete, but rather the dorky bando when he's older. Anyways, I said "Ronnie come wash your hands." He ignored me so I said it again. He said he already did and looked away to ignore me again. I had been standing at the sink the whole time and I knew he did not wash his hands yet. So I walked over to get him and told him again he needed to wash his hands. To which he replied again, he already did. He was getting frustrated and so was I by this point. I said "I don't think you did. When did you wash them?" He gave a really big, really exasperated sigh and said "Saturday!" I about busted my gut. I think I told him to go wash them again anyways or something like that. But yeah- he's a bright one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not nice to pick on the kid in his own little world, and anyways it sounds like something you would do.... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whats so funny. That seems like a completely apropriate point. It had only been 6 days, not soon enough for the once a week wash.

megs said...

HEE HEE!! that's HILARIOUS!! i love it!!

HI SARAH! i love you and miss you! you need to come visit me soon. VERY soon!!

megs said...

i DO believe it's time for an update on the life of southern belle ms. sarah hodel!!

jw said...

brilliant... I'm coming to BAMMA next weekend!!