Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Been Awhile

Hi everybody. I hope all is well for anyone who reads this. Let's see.... what's happened since I last posted. Umm... I got a library card. That's new. I went shopping for a new church outfit. I only have the bottom half of it so far though, so it could be awhile until I wear it in public. I registered to vote. I'm rooting for Bob Riley. I don't know much about him but he seems better that Lucy Baxley for governor and Mark thinks that Bob is the man. I guess he got to meet him or something and now he's Bob's biggest fan. This weekend is homecoming. Yes, there will be music. No, there will not be a dance. It's kind of like the fall version of Memorial Day weekend down here. Except for Memorial Day, anybody who comes is able to sign up for a special number if they want. This time there are 5 groups scheduled to be the entertainment. We have Deer Fry International, Psalm 100, Living Waters and two bluegrass gospel groups from down here that Mike knows. So if you really like that kind of music you're sure to have your fill of it this weekend should you plan to come. I'm excited though. We're planning on about 200 extra people in church on Sunday. And Saturday night there will probably be closer to 300 there because the local groups are inviting all their families. Okay time for a work story. Today's Bible story was about Baalam and the talking donkey. Melissa was doing the story and was telling the kids about how the donkey kept trying to go off the road. She asked the kids why they thought the donkey wouldn't stay on the road (the picture of the angel was already up on the flannel board) and Blake, who I really like, yells out "Because there were cars coming!" Watch for that story in your next edition of the Silver Lining. It might make the cut. Oh, and I need to make some bars for this weekend but I don't know what I want to make. Suggestions would be helpful.

6 comments:

Luke said...

Duh, there were cars coming. *grin*

May I recommend chocolate chip cookie bars.

Anonymous said...

I would have to recommend either the usual special K or seven layer bars. Either would be a splendid choice. Guess what??! One week and 3 days and I'll see you...ii can hardly wait I am just so excited. Love ya!

Morgan said...

Hey, Phoenix Choir overwhelmingly voted to accept the invitation to come for Memorial Day! We're pretty pumped; it's our first tour! :)

Anonymous said...

(someone from the older generation)
Rocky Top Brownies - these are way, way too easy - Take a box of brownie mix, stir in 1/2 cup butter, 3 eggs, bake at 350 for 23 minutes. Chop up a package of mini Reese's (unwrap them first) and put them on top - back in the oven for 2 minutes. People will rave!

Angie said...

Hello my dearest one. This is your dearest one.
It was so wonderful to hear your voice yesterday.
Woot woot go Darryl! :)
I vote Special K only if they are made with extra goop. Dry bars are the worst.
Farwell my dear sister.

jw said...

ohhhhh, how was your weekend???!!