Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Okay so I guess I'm a little late in saying that but the year is still pretty new. Not quite 48 hours old yet. My boss sent me home at 10:00 on Friday so I was able to go to Taylor with Erin for the weekend. I had a good time and I was really glad I went. I spent last New Year's Eve on the bus on the way to Mexico. It sure doesn't seem like a year ago that I was down there. Did 2005 seem to go extra fast or is it just me? I was thinking about all I did last year and here are a few highlights: January- went on a work team to Magdalena. I had never been to Mexico but I really liked it. Hopefully I can go back someday. Just not this year cause I'm going to Jamaica instead. February- Angie and Robey's wedding, Groundhog's Day, Valentine's Day, what more could you ask for? March- Spring break trip to Florida with Meika and a few Purdue people. Drove down, flew home, missed our flight and got to spend an extra night in Sarasota. Really really fun. April- I think maybe I went to Indiana a couple times. And me and Erin spen a weekend in Taylor. May- ummm..... Memorial Day? That might have been the extent of that month. Oh- Mexico reunion in Francessville. June- the start of never seeing me roommates because summer never slows down like it's supposed to. Accidentally took a roadtrip to St. Louis on the way to Taylor with Gab, Morgan, Tyler and Dan. July- found out that God didn't want me and Beks to move to Sarasota, took a bus trip to Atlanta with Roanoke Young Group, went to Florida with Mandy and Bekah and played volleyball on the beach while Hurricane Dennis was passing by, went on the horrendous camping trip with the roommates for our Queenwood "final hurrah", another Mexico reunion, spent a week at Leo, left for my family vacation.... I think that might be it for July. August- family vacation to Kentucky lake, Gateway Woods sale/Bluffton invite, Sunday School started up again, Gab moved out, Julia moved in. September- had the biggest suprise of my life when Beks and Erin took me to Florida for my birthday. I'd have to say it was the best birthday present ever, Taylor invite. October- nearly broke a kids arm at work, had the Halloween parade and the Harvest party. November- I really don't know... had a big Thanksgiving feast with a group of our friends. December- Merry Christmas, work program, baked millions of cookies, got a boyfriend from my aunt Boni (he wasn't all he was cracked up to be) went to Taylor for New Year's. That's my 2005 in a nutshell. Quote of the night- Me and Bekah were being dumb about stuff and laughing at nothing and she said "I feel like if I was a guy I'd be flirting with you." Funny. Or scary. Take your pick.

5 comments:

Luke said...

I vote Scary...

Anonymous said...

vote funny because it came from beks...if anyone else it would be scary...

Luke said...

I can't believe you forgot to email me after we made such a big deal about it. Sheesh.

Angie said...

ummm...beings that it was beks...funny. but seriously...anyone else woulda beens scary.

Anonymous said...

Shout out to the St. Louis crowd.