Monday, January 23, 2006

Roommate Status

Currently there are four out of five of us in the living room. Julia started out studying but is now sleeping. Bekah started out studying but is now sleeping. Jenae started out studying and is managing to still be studying. Since I was the only one with nothing to do I got nominated to make supper for everyone else. If I would have known the outcome of the study session I may not have been so willing. Oh well. The menu tonight is barbeque chicken, succotach (corn and lima beans) and maybe some strawberries or something. And no, nobody is invited. Sorry.
This weekend I'm headed out to Indiana, probably along with 50 percent of the AC population from Illinois. Purdue singing on Friday night then Saturday after breakfast I'm going with a few girls to Bluffton. Don't exactly know what we're doing but I'm sure I'll have a good time.
Today at work I was really excited because I managed to not get goobed on with snot or spit us which really is nothing short of a miracle. I have a lot more laundry now that I'm in the baby room. So I was pretty stoked that I wasn't going to have to wash my hoodie after wearing it just once. Which is what I've been doing like the last three times I've worn each sweatshirt. But I guess pride cometh before the fall because I spilled beef stew on myself at lunch. So I will be washing my sweatshirt. Again. It's not a very bad spill. I could probably get by with wearing it again to work without putting it through the laundry yet another time. Hmmm.....
Okay I have another question and I need everybody's opinion. Say you need to buy a plane ticket. You are flying out of Bloomington to Sarasota. It's a one way ticket. Then you're buying another ticket from Miami to Kingston, Jamaica and then back home again. You have two options. Do you: A) Get a ticket back into Bloomington arriving at 9:30 at night. Or do you B) Get a ticket into Peoria for 5:30 in the evening for 80 dollars more. If you fly in to BMI, you have a car there because you're driving there yourself. If you fly into PIA somebody will need to pick up your car from BMI and also pick you up from PIA. Both airports are about the same distance from home. What you really want is to fly into BMI at 5:06 in the afternoon but that ticket happens to be about 300 dollars more. So that's pretty much a no go. If you get home in decent time you can get your pictures developed and have plenty of time to see your family to talk about your trips and stuff. Cause they happen to be getting home from Haiti the day before you get home from Jamaica. Truly this would be a difficult decision for you. But given all the circumstances, what would you do? I know I can count on all of you to pull through for me. Thanks. Have a lovely day.

6 comments:

sarah said...

Right. And have my boss wring my neck even more. I actually thought about that though. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

BMI....you'll see you fam soon enough. convenience is worth it. 80 bucks is alot of money. And getting someone to go get your car at BMI sounds like a pain. my vote. BMI for 80 bucks cheaper.

Luke said...

I agree with e mae, even though I haven't seen her or talked to her in over a decade, she still makes a good point.

taryn said...

I agreed with Erin even before I read the comments, for all the reasons she stated. So I won't restate them.

Anonymous said...

see sarah if you just listen to me you would be a much smarter and better off girl...but of course no, you have to stick your nose in the air and say "I can do it myself"...you know pride does come before the fall....

Angie said...

Ah Sarah...
Erin does have a point.

But I'm still much better looking.