Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas

My Christmas was good. Friday we were really low on kids (about 25 in the whole day care as compared to 60 some) so I got the day off, then we were closed on Monday. I love four day weekends. Friday night was Aeschleman's at our house. Saturday morning I went shopping in Bloomington for my brother's present and he went shopping in Peoria for mine. I think we had to do the same thing last year. We both wait until the last minute then go to different cities at the same time to get each other's present. Saturday night was our Christmas with just us four. I know I've told a lot of people this story but for the benefit of those who don't know it, I have to fill you in. So I get this big box from Nate. I open it and it's filled with packing peanuts with a much smaller box inside. There were a total of I think 4 boxes. I think it took me a good ten minutes to get to the last box because Nate went a little duct tape happy. But I finally made it to that last box only to find a note inside that said "Maybe you should look inside the bix box again." So I dumped out most of the peanuts and was digging around in them, finding absolutely nothing I was interested in. So I started digging through the ones that were still in the box and finally I noticed at the very bottom of the box, was my present. But of course I couldn't see it because it was completely duct taped to the side. I eventually got it opened and decided it was worth the hassle because it was a CD that I've been wanting for about a year and a gift certificate to the mall. So that was that. Today at work I had my yearly evaluation. It's always stressful when somebody comes in and says to go see the boss because it's my turn. But it was basically what I expected. I made it through just fine. A few weeks ago at a staff meeting we were all informed that people were going to be moving around and we probably wouldn't be in our same rooms or at least not with the same people anymore. So I really wasn't sure what to expect. I really didn't want to get moved to the two's or the pre-k. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay with my toddlers (very sad) so I was hoping it would be the babies or the 3's and 4's. It was pretty much a tossup for me but I think I would pick the older kids for a change. But today I found out I'm going to be in baby room. It will be good I think. I'm just glad it wasn't something that I really didn't want. We start all the new changes Monday.
Well I'm going to Panera tonight with some old ICC people. I don't even know who's going to be there but I need to get ready. Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...i am so glad i could read the story. I mean after hearing it like three times it just made it even better to be able to read it too! :) i'm at work. better get busy. i'm all alone. all day. YIPPEE!

Luke said...

I've always wanted to do the box inside of a box thing, but never have. Nate...you're an inspiration to me.




yeah...