Monday, December 12, 2005

A Good Time Was Had By All

I had a good weekend. Actually Friday night I was feeling a little depressed because I was at home all alone. Oh I had options. There was a Christmas singing in Gridley that I really wanted to go to but I had to make cookies. Tonight is our Christmas program at work and we're having a cookie walk to try and raise a little money. Woo Hoo! New toys! Anyways, we all signed up to help with the baking and at the time I was really excited about it and feeling very motivated and I signed up to bring a lot of cookies. So I was at home all by my lonesome. I made 8 dozen which normally really isn't an extreme amount but when you're working with just one cookie sheet, it is. But I had some good prayer time while I was baking and in the end it turned out not so bad. I baked from 4:30 until 11:00. Then I still had to get up and finish a few things in the morning. Sigh...... but it's all done now and tonight all my efforts will hopefully pay off. Saturday night was the PMO Christmas show. Then we went to Widmer's house and had the following: chili, singing, and a good time. Wow that was really cheesy wasn't it. Sunday was our program at church. The kids did a good job but I'm glad it's over. Last Sunday I was convinced that they were never going to learn their songs but they all pulled it off. In the afternoon/evening a group of us went caroling and had a Christmas singing with our families. Then I had to go home and put the finishing touches on those cookies. Tonight after the Jacob's Ladder program we're having our apartment Christmas. I still don't have my presents wrapped. At least they're bought though. That could be bad. I just need to wrap them. I'm excited to give my person their present. I can't say who I have yet. But if they don't want it, I'll take it. Now I have to go get some addresses for my Christmas cards. It's taking me forever to get them done this year. Usually I whip through them but not this time around. I don't know what my deal is. But I'm getting there. I'm almost done. Okay I'm done yakking now. Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I really have to tell you - your "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" was a hit. The entire aisle filled up with kids so they could watch and the "big" people were just as bad. They literally stood up and hung in the aisles to see the show. :) Everyone was grinning from ear to ear including your ole' maw.

PS Your mint cookies were great!

Jenny said...

you know, you can use other things to bake cookies on... like cake pans, and jelly roll pans, and skillets. :)

Luke said...

Or you could call friends and see if they'd let you borrow cookie sheets. :) But then you wouldn't have had all that good prayer time eh? :D

sarah said...

Roanoke- unless you're stalking me or something. If that's the case I go to...ummm.....
Croghan-Naumburg. It's in New York.

Paul said...

I didn't get any cookies :(
Croghan-Naumburg? Wow, thats a drive. No wonder I never see you