Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Tribute

Approximately one year ago there were several of us going through a very emotional time. We had gotten back from being in Florida for Mandy's wedding. It was a great trip by the way. A shout out to Angie and Erin in memory of having to sing at the reception. Fourth try is a charm. All of us at Queenwood were pretty much devastated about the fact that we were no longer in Florida, plus adjusting to life without Mandy. Any small thing could set us off. For example Meika started bawling when she told Rebekah she wasn't able to vote. The mood at our place was very melancholy. Great word, huh? It was about that time that we seriously started considering moving to Florida. And we never gave up on the idea until June 30 when God closed the door very abruptly and tightly. Oh wait- we still haven't given up. Maybe next year...... Anyways, Gab called me up one night. (I was at my parents.) She was literally in tears convinced that I was engaged. I don't know how many times she made me promise that that was not the case. It was a lot later than when I normally get home from my parents and she was completely freaking out. When I did get home she ran to hug me and started sobbing again. It was also the time that the song "I Can't Wait to Be Free" became our apartment song. It came on and Jenae lost it followed by Rebekah. So they all sat there and had a big cry fest. Then told me all about it when I got home that night. The song is still a big part of our apartment.


Take my life and make it clay
Shape this life in intricate ways
I want to be a child of faith
But what my heart wants most
My body turns away
I push Your ways aside and wonder why
I let my pride decide every time

And I can't wait to be free
From this life of mindless sin
It comprimises me
I know one day I will be
There is a victory
That You've won for me
And when you come back again
I'll be free

Turn my eyes to Your face
Let me draw from Your strength
And bathe in Your grace
Let me soar with wings
To win the race
Let me have Your peace
It's not a hopeless chase
But I lose sight of all You have called me to be
It takes so much to drop me to my knees

And I can't wait to be free
From this life of mindless sin
It comprimises me
I know one day I will be
There is a victory
That You've won for me
And when you come back again
I'll be free


So it didn't really relate to what we were going through but I guess it just struck a chord within us. My that was poetic. And I know that Heather just put this song on her blog. I think you can listen to it if you go to hers. But I wanted to put it on mine too. As my tribute to Gab, Jenae, Meika and Rebekah.

4 comments:

sarah said...

Okay so when so when I went to preview my post the song looked like it was supposed. It wasn't in one big paragraph. But when I published the post that's what happened. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify about me freaking out because "Sarah has to be getting married"... Sarah hadn't been home like all weekend, left early for the weekend and NONE of us knew where she was at (it was past her 10 PM bedtime Sunday night). She disappeared and wouldn't answer her phone. NOW, we were pretty tight at the duplex so we kinda all knew where each other was...so the fact NONE of us had heard from Sarajo automatically means she's hiding something from us... and considering the timing, it had to be a proposal. Seriously. It did make sense. And altho Sarah and I didn't like each other when we first moved in, I had kinda grown to like her, so didn't want to see her go.
If you are an AC girl who has seen a couple of your closer friends get engaged on you, you'll totally understand.
and Sarah, I do love you... but you have my permission to get married now. ;-)

sarah said...

um... thanks???

Anonymous said...

Nice post Sarah. That's like the Third time I've heard the engagement story and I still love it. Keep it up Gab.