Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Reason to Celebrate

This calls for a party. Really. After living at the same apartment for more than two years, I now have a key!!! Ever since August of 2003 we have left the doors unlocked at all times. But just recently some fellow roommates got a little freaked out. I kinda wondered why they waited so long to get freaked out but oh well. It never really bothered me unless I thought about what could happen. So I just never thought about it. But now that we actually lock our house I feel free to think about it and I guess I'm glad we have keys. Although it is kinda a pain because I'm so in the habit of just barging through the door. So I find myself putting my hand on the doorknob to go in while I am still walking forward but the door doesn't move like it used to. So I have walked full force into our front door on more than one occasion. But I suppose I'll get used to it. But if you see me and I have a broken nose or something you'll know why.

11 comments:

Angie said...

You amaze me. Really.

sarah said...

yeah, that's what most people tell me.

Anonymous said...

i always had a key...

megs said...

a reason for a key NOW.... hmmm is it b/c of the scary man int he wheel chair on the balcony, or because of your new neighbor? bekah's brother-in-law's brother's friend's dog's best friends owner on your uncle's side? or something like that! HEY!!! where's MY key?!?! how come I didn't get a key?!

taryn said...

Yeah, in Morton you can get away with that... I miss those days. Now that I'm in Bloomington, I don't have that luxury...

Luke said...

Yeah, Bloomington's pretty much a gangsta town eh?

Anonymous said...

Well I don't need a key because i am in quant little ol' roanoke. what more could you ask for?

Anonymous said...

Erin- a real town ;-)

sarah said...

Yeah spud I do that too sometimes....... I also keep my spare key in my car too.

Anonymous said...

Roanoke is a REAL town thank you. In fact you are just jealous of my real town! miss ya gab!

Luke said...

"God bless the broken nose, that led me straight to you.."

I think that's a song about how Sarah met this really cute Doctor.