Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Little Catch Up

Can anybody tell me WHERE the month of June has gone?  Really.  I just told someone tonight that June was so packed full of stuff that I feel like it should be the end of summer already.  But we still have two months to go!  I think that's a good thing. 

Last weekend I was back in Athens again (for the second time this month).  I'm not complaining though.  I love me some quality Alabama time.  There were 3 girls getting baptized.  Baptisms are few and far between there so to have three on the same weekend was awesome.  I carried my camera around the whole weekend but only took one picture.  Saturday afternoon a few of us went to my favorite little ice cream stand for a treat.  It was a quick trip, but good and refreshing nonetheless.


My niece is turning 4!  That one is hard to believe.  Friday night was her birthday party and they had a cowgirl theme.  I just happened to find this hideous dress tucked away in my closet a couple months ago.  I bought it more than ten years ago on a vacation in Phoenix and had all but forgotten about it.  But when I pulled it out I knew it would come in handy eventually!  A quick shot of me and the little cowgirl before the festivities begin:


The food was A-maze-ing and the decorations were so cute!  My favorites were all the Wanted posters.  Everybody that came had one.


One of the games we played tested our skills with a six shooter.  When it was my dad's turn, Laney (who looooooooves her "pampaw") came over to take a turn too!


Haley got a kitty for her birthday!  Kudos to her mom who apparently can't hardly stand them:)  But kitties are some of Haley's absolute favorites.  She was pretty excited!


We ended the party with "the aunts" picture.  Our original plan was to get one of these every year.  Same lineup each year.  So far we've only gotten newborn, 1st birthday and 4th birthday.  Pretty soon Haley's going to have to stand instead of being held:(


It was nice to just be home this weekend.  I did have plans to go out of town again but becuase of the birthday party and because I'm just plain tired of going, I stayed home.  And it was good.  I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday so if I don't post until I get home... so long!

2 comments:

Angie said...

OK, you are GORGEOUS in your cowgirl outfit! What a babe!

Haddock said...

Like the photographs..... and yes the month of June just vanished in thin air :-)