Thursday, June 09, 2011

Coming To A Close

My days of working at the CILA's are quickly dwindling.  I have four more nights of work but only one of those is with the ladies I'm usually with.  I've kinda gotten shuffled around these last few days.  While I won't miss being on a second shift schedule, I will miss the residents.  Very much so.  I stopped and got some cards for my girls that I'll give them on Tuesday (my last day), and while I was looking through Hallmark, I started getting a little emotional over saying goodbye to them.  Then I got to work this afternoon and heard the news that a resident at another house had died yesterday afternoon.  Even though I didn't know her very well it's still sad.  And the girls all were sad tonight too about losing a friend.  After having some struggles in the beginning, I can now honestly say that I feel privileged and blessed to have worked with the people I've worked with the last six months.  One thing that kind of stinks is that even just in the last month I've met and gotten to know a lot more other staff than I had the first five months of working there.  Just as soon as I make some new friends, I leave.  Such is life I guess and I haven't ruled out going back to work there.  As of now I'm not really committing to much of anything until after Mexico.  Maybe I mentioned that before.

Otherwise, I'm counting down the days and getting so excited for girls camp!  Last summer was so crazy with remodeling the preschool and moving back and everything else that it was kind of hard to get into camp.  This year I've invested a lot more prayer and energy towards it and I'm so excited!  It's gonna be good.... I can feel it in my bones:)

Well, I'm off to find a little snack before I go to bed!

No comments: