Sunday, June 19, 2011

Purity

Our theme for this years girls camp was purity.  It was deep, it was intense and it was Sprit filled.  From the very beginning we could just feel God moving and taking over the camp.  Saturday night after our skits were done we had some time before the snack was ready so we decided to sing a little bit.  The very last skit we saw was done to Chris Rice's "Come to Jesus".  It was very moving and touching, moreso even because the girls doing it were so overcome with emotion that they were actually crying on the stage, not just pretending to cry.  One of the songs we sang was "Come, Holy Spirit" and at that point I felt like I could almost see the Spirit physically touching so many people.  It was after that that several girls finally decided to repent and give their lives fully to Christ.  I realize that some people feel like making that decision during a particular emotional and mountain top time isn't necessarily wise.  But I also know that in Acts there was one day where 3000 people made that decision.  Talk about emotion and mountain tops.  I have every confidence that these girls were completely real in their choice to follow the Lord and not doing it on a whim, and watching that happen was so amazing and powerful.

Anyway, on a much lighter note, camp was Awesome!  I had a great group of girls- shout out to the Pure Fashion cabin- and a great co-counselor too.  My camera is old and I think my flash was on for these outside pictures so they really didn't turn out all that great but you can see who was there at least.  The scarves were just because we were the fashion cabin, although neither Katie nor myself are very fashionista like so we're not sure how we ended up with that name for our cabin!



We did some pretty fun things, including a "Minute to Win It" contest.  I have some good shots of my girls doing their event but if it was me, I would be embarrased to have those on here so I shall refrain:)  One of the events was to bounce a ping pong ball on the table and have it stick to the bread with peanut butter.  We got a certain number of points for each event we completed.  Our cabin didn't win but it sure was fun to do it!

We had 33 churches, 8 states and 4 countries represented.  Erin D, perhaps you should consider coming next year just for the sake of giving us another country when it comes time to take greetings:)

I DID remember to take my camera to the lake this year, however, I did NOT remember to take it to the other side of the lake with me and it was just too far to go back and get it.  So, I have no pictures of the blob or anything like that:(

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Athens for a few days so here's to a good night of sleep tonight!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Yay for girls camp! Thankful for that Holy Spirit! I wish I could've come...maybe someday I'll be back in it. Then I'll probably be as old as Dal... :)

Katie said...

:) You were a great co-counselor.
Drive safe!

Unknown said...

Sarah ~ Thanks for everything, camp was great! and I loved getting to know you :) you are a great christian example!

Hannah said...

Sounds like you had a great time at Girls Camp!! Wish i could have been there. Come visit Cassie sometime. HAHA

Erin said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! I will see what I can do next year to add a country:) Blessings on your week. I love you!