Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yay or Nay?


I have an appointment with the eye doctor tomorrow (finally) and will be picking out new glasses. Awhile back we were in Birmingham and we stopped at Lenscrafters and I tired a few pairs on. I found a pair that I liked and after asking the people I was with I have four yays and zero nays. So now I'm asking you. I'm hoping to find a pair a lot like these unless everybody else says nay. Then I don't know what I'll do. And, can someone tell me how to put the picture where I want it? I really wanted to put it under the writing but can't figure out how to make it go there. I uploaded it and that's where it ended up and it won't move.
P.S. When wearing the glasses in public I will make sure to remove the sticker from the lens and the tag hanging off the side, unless all y'all think it's becoming.

14 comments:

Erin said...

Glasses look great! Can you come over and catch this mouse for me please. I have no energy to even try... So I guess I will just sit here and watch it make itself at home.Blessings! I love you!

megs said...

i say yay. i'm glad that's a sticker, i thought one of your kids gave you a black eye! :)

Daveana said...

You should try the edit HTML tab. You can then just highlight the link for the picture cut it, and paste it below the text. That should work for you.

God Bless, and I like the glasses!

Daveana

Anonymous said...

i'm undecided at this point...i like them but i was hoping you'd go for something a little different than norm. I do like more of the squareness. But I think anything you get will look gorgeous because they will be on you.

i miss you.

Luke said...

I like them but I think if you could find a pair about 1/4" narrower side to side, it would be even better.

I'm with Erin on the more square design though, I like it.

Of course, it's all vanity really. :-)

Luke said...

Or maybe it's just the angle the pic's at...I don't know.

sarah said...

Erin- when I was in B-ham I tried on a lot of different than norm pairs. I just couldn't do it, and the others agreed with me. I have some of those pics too I could show you sometime.

Anonymous said...

sarah - i would love to see pictures of Sarah.

Luke - i agree with the slightly narrower. They just look a little big for her face.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was my only comment...they look a little large for your face. But I like the square-ness. Although I'd really like to see a thicker rim and see what that looks like. Still square, of course. Maybe you could go back to your 6th grade...or kindergarten glasses!

sarah said...

actually, it was first grade, not kindergarten, and they ROCKED! Tan, thick plastic frames, very round in shape, with tiny smurf pictures on the part that goes over the ear. I was hot even back then:)

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

definitely not these. With your shape of head, you need square glasses and as Luke mentioned, narrower on the sides. You do not want oversized glasses. They make people look like they're 40.

Anonymous said...

wow...anonymous was certainly harsh. who is that?

Anonymous said...

sarah, i wish i could come down and help you. that would be like the bomb diggity...