Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality......

Does anybody else know that song? Anywho, KC was fun. Being with my family for one last shebang before heading home. And Haley. I finally had some time the past couple weeks to really start bonding with her. I've seen her a couple times before but always during a very quick trip home. So I love all the time I had with her. We ice skated Saturday night. I love ice skating. But not when it's freezing cold temperatures and the rink is an outdoor rink. So we didn't skate as long as I would have liked, but it was just too cold to keep going. We went to KC church on Sunday which was good. Saw some old friends I haven't seen in awhile. Then began my journey home. And let me tell you, KC is a looonnngg way from Athens. I'm glad I don't have to make that drive on a regular basis. We left the church about 1:30 and I pulled into my drive about 11:20. I ended up making better time than I thought I would, but it was still long.
Then came the morning. First thing when I walk in the preschool I get attacked by Miles. I wish I had a picture of him but I don't right now. In one long breath he says "MISS SARAH!!!!!!!!!! Miss Sarah we went to Indiana it was fun Indiana is a long ways away I played hockey I had fun at Christmas time I got a new toy I have big boy underwear on do you want to see I had a lot of fun in Indiana cause I like to play hockey and Miss Sarah, *very small pause* did you miss me?" Now, generally Miles does not rank as one of my favorites, but how could you resist that? It was fun seeing all the kids again although my very favorite wasn't there. Hopefully tomorrow he will be so I can squeeze him and kiss his chubby cheeks.
Then tonight Jena convinced me to go eat at Logan's. She thought we needed to catch up and during Christmas we each got plenty of gift certificates from preschool parents and such so we went ahead and used one of them up. And it was good.
But, now I'm tired and must go to sleep. I promise, eventually I will start posting pictures. I have some on my computer but I'm still trying to get organized and stuff. Ummmm.......... okay, bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

skating was pretty cold...though it didn't seem to bother Caleb...:)

Miles sounds cute. I'm glad he's wearing big boy underwear. Did he ever show you??

Love you and miss you already. :(

Erin said...

MMM American Food. Today for lunch we had rice, dumplings (boiled dough), Goat (be careful of the bones),and cabbage... mmmm Jamaican food! I hope you have a great week! Love you

Mandy said...

Oh Sarah....How I love you! I love your posts. They just make me smile! I'm sorry that your trip home was so long. It was so fun to have you home. I can't wait till we meet again! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I totally know that song. It's sweeeet.
I miss you already. And today is Wed. and Doc's had quesadillas and they were OPEN for business. But I didn't go. Too depressing without you. Actually it was more like I just didn't want to spend the money. ha ha