Friday, January 16, 2009

Coincidence? Prolly not.

We've been doing "Lies Women Believe" for our girls Bible study. We just started week 9, which is Dealing with our circumstances. It talks about the fact that our circumstances reveal what we are, rather than make us what we are. Like, I'm really a patient person unless the kids disobey and are bratty. But when they are bad, it doesn't take long to realize, maybe I'm not as patient as I like to think I am. So I did the first day's study last night, and then this morning had quite a rude awakening. Now, I'm a snooze hitter. If I can't hit snooze at least four times, my morning is off to a bad start. Well, this morning, about two minutes after I hit snooze for the first time and was back asleep, Jena was pounding on my door yelling that the toilet was overflowing really quickly. So I stumbled to the bathroom, and in a matter of about 30 seconds, the entire floor was covered with water. So I spent the rest of my snooze time mopping up the floor, wanting nothing more than to be back in bed until it was time to get up. And then today I was playing the role of teacher, director and cook. And it got pretty crazy. And just when I thought "Great. It's going to be a rotten day and I'm just going to be in a bad mood and everybody else will just have to deal with my bad mood", God put last nights Bible study right back into my head. And you know what? It made the whole day a lot better! Perfect timing for that particular topic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a good day and got woke up out of your beautiful precious sleep...why couldn't you have had this revelation for Doc's breakfast...:) I'm glad God worked in your heart. He's been working in mine also. Hopefully we both can continue to grow.

Erin said...

God is good all the time... and all the time God is good. Amen? Amen!