Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Weekend Highlights

We had people from U of I and a few from Indiana down this weekend. Just a few of the highlights:
-First and foremost, Gab and Kristi came down last minute. Thursday night they weren't coming, Friday noon they left cause Gab got called off work. Very exciting news to me.
-Shrimp boil for supper. (I've always called it a hobo supper) A great excuse for being a really messy eater.
-Great games of volleyball in the goose poop filled court.
-Singing
-Willing workers who sanitized almost every last toy in the preschool and did a bunch of other stuff too.
-Playing I Have Never, which deserves a couple of it's own hightlights.
-Person in the middle says "I have never gone more than three days without showering." Every girl got up and traded places and not one guy got up. (I think they were a little disturbed by that.)
-"I have never been older than 22." In a circle of about 20, 3 of us got up. Talk about feeling old.
-An awesome Sunday afternoon nap!

Some of the lowlights include:
-Fire ants. So annoying.
-My breakfast casserole didn't get done in time. It was tragic. And I had gone to bed about 3 am so I was really tired so everything was a bigger deal than normal and I really was about in tears over it.

And now onto a different subject matter. I'm a little sad an homesick this week cause I'm missing the Pumpkin Fest. Even though I didn't grow up in Morton, I did live there for a spell and this will be the first time in about 6 or 7 years that I will have to miss it. It's a very sad thing.

Okay that's all. Bye

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't our weekend get highlights??? I'm hurt.

You could make a random trip up and go to the pumpkin fest with angie and robey and me and caleb and mandy and dustin. (we might be going but if you came we WOULD go) Wouldn't that be sooo fun. I think it would be. Alright then I'll see you saturday. We can even go to the parade if you want to. And if you REALLy wanted to we could go into peoria and eat at flat top for supper...

How much is gas for you to come up here? Have you ever figured out what I trip costs you?

Ok this comment is getting really long. I miss you and love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, I feel so honored to be part of your highlights! I agree with the "I have never" highlights. Hilarious...

P.S. Even though your casserole didn't get finished on time it was delicious! You'll have to give me the recipe (list) : )

Luke said...

It'll probably rain all weekend anyway...which makes the Pumpkin Festival WAY less fun.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a pumpkin festival either... that probably doesn't help but... its the best i could do. have a great week!

Anonymous said...

i seriously laughed OUT LOUD and loudly. at the comment about not showering. oh my...thats hilarious. I agree with erin. at least you could've talked about olive garden---you were so excited to eat there, remember?! lol

i miss you. i am going to the pumpkin festival tomorrow from 4-6 to work. yippeee....

Anonymous said...

it has rained all weekend... and the p-fest was a muddy mess. dont feel bad.

sarah said...

Thanks anonomous- you pretty much made my day:)